Application to extract, sort and display Excel spreadhseet data
This project was awarded to brentmccaw for $833 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 AUD
I have an existing excel spreadsheet template (I receive data regularly in a spreadsheet in the same format) that I need an application to perform multiple automated actions to convert data into a new spreadsheet output format:
The key actions include:
* Inserting new columns to average data from other columns
* Extracting and sorting data from a single cell - A single cell contains multiple space delimited "product codes" (7-8 characters each) - need a tool to either 1) extract and sort each code into a new column or 2) Ignore the Product Code depending on a set of rules from the below "library"
* The software should build a "library" of product codes that get found each time a new spreadsheet in analysed/imported - the library determines sorting actions for each import - the key sorting action being if a particular code is ignored or a new column and column title are created for it
Ultimately I would like this tool to become web-based but for now the simplest method to achieve the result is desired. Anyone demonstrating an understanding of how to make this web based will be favored
I will send sample data by PM to applicants who I would like to shortlist. Then give them the opportunity to confirm or refine price based on seeing the sample data.
HOW YOU WILL WIN THIS PROJECT
* Show similar projects you have completed - those with a nice design and preferably web-base front end will be favored
* Explain how you intend to code this and why you think this will be the best way
* Automated replies will be ignored - you must show you have read this brief
* NO AGENCIES TO APPLY - I prefer working with reliable individual developers for ongoing work
* If you attempt to contact me via skype you will be blocked
Thanks & good luck
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online