Automated Futures Trading Software - repost
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 12
I require the development of a windows-based program that will interface with the data from my futures trading brokerage and execute a series of "if, then" instructions, totaling approximately 25 lines of code that I will provide to the programmer who wins this project.
This program, once complete, should be easy to operate for an average windows user. It should, in addition to interfacing with the brokerage firm (who I will define, or you may suggest options), a) allow the user to modify key variables (such as market, prices, buy/sell prices, etc), through a drop down menus or radio button selection, the program should be able to b) 'wake' and begin executing instructions at a certain time each day, it should c) provide reports of activity for defined periods (days/months/etc) and it should show real-time status of open trades and results.
1. Execute trades based on approximately 25 lines of code (applied to 3 different markets with minor variations in variables)
2. Allow user to observe status of trades and modify variables
3. Provide printable reports of activity on demand
Additionally, I will need the program to be able to do 'back test' these instructions on previous (historical) trading data, to determine the program is functioning as expected. (We will compare the program performance to a manual application of the 'rules' on previous periods).
Further, the program should be capable of functioning in a "simulation" or "practice" mode where it interacts with the brokerage firm, creates a local record simulating the execution of the instructions, although not actually transmitting the orders to the broker so the program can be tested in "real time" much as it would be tested in a historical capacity.
It is my impression that this is a very simple program to design for the qualified programmer. I will require a non-disclosure for all your work on this project. You will need to sign this, have it notarized, provide proof of identification. I will fully fund escrow and release on the following schedule:
1. Completion of initial back testing & report generation 25%
2. Debugging complete after initial testing and review 25%
3. Sim trading trial, further back testing, reporting, debugging 25%
4. Final debugging, testing complete, executable and source code delivered 25%
I require a working executable file and the original source code in a well known language/format. I prefer working with someone who has a demonstrated history of success with similar programs. Please indicate the questions you have for me before bidding-or you may place a 'hold' bid. I will not choose a vendor without some interaction, so don't worry about that. Along with your bid please indicate the following:
1. What similar programs have you designed, or are at least familiar with?
2. Can you provide references?
3. What language or source code will you work in?
4. How long do you expect to take to reach the first milestone (escrow release #1)?
5. Are you available for ongoing retainer work post-completion for additional modifications? (Not required)
Please be advised that I am working on a team and my communication will not be instant. I will need to confer with other team members before responding to any technical questions to make sure I provide accurate information.
Thank you for your interest in the project. I am not available for live chat but will respond in full to any serious inquiries.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online