Barcode generator web app
This project was awarded to alphamaster for $325 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
The objective is to build a web application that generates a sheet or sheets of barcodes on label paper using a barcode generator formula that uses data provided by a user.
1. Application has one webpage that allows the user to do the following:
a. Enter "UserID": (allowable value is a 6 digit number); application must validate that the value is no more the 6 characters and is numeric
b. Enter "Number of Barcodes to Generate": (allowable value is 0 - 100); application must validate that the value is no more the 100 and is numeric
c. User clicks the "Generate Barcodes" button.
d. Application uses the following formula to create a barcode value = UserID + TIMESTAMP + a 3 digit incremental counter. So for example
1) UserID = 123456
2) Number of Barcodes = 3
3) Timestamp = 2012-02-14 09:34:00
4) Barcodes generated would be:
e. Application uses the barcode value to generate a Code-128 barcode for each barcode value created (there are open source PHP barcode generators available online)
f. Application must arrange the barcode on a file (probably PDF). Barcodes must be arranged to fit on Avery 5260 label sheets, which has 30 labels that are 1" x 2 5/8" in size per sheet. (http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-&-Software/Templates/Labels/Address-Labels/[url removed, login to view] )
g. User can leverage native print functionality to print the label sheet.
- Application written to a popular PaaS, such as AppFog
- In a modern dynamic scripting language, PHP
- With a traditional relational database backend, MySQL
- Should be a RESTful service
- Application should use the best practices for object orientation
and modularity for which language is chosen
- Application should have unit tests that provide functional test
coverage across the majority of the functionality
- Source code should follow the popular coding style guidelines (e.g.
pear coding standards)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online