Computer shop service form
- Status Completed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 7
Read before Bidding! NO MILESTONE will be released until the project is 100% COMPLETE. NO Milestone will be created unless the project is on progress to avoid any unnecessary freelancer fees. Do NOT bid if you can't make it!
The form has to be designed in PHP using a MySql database. Users and passwords for technicians should be required.
The 'ENTRY FORM' has to contain the following fields.
1. Date (default date, and calendar for selection)
2. Customer's First and Last name
3. Phone number
4. Customer's Email address
5. Device brought in for service (eg. computer, monitor, etc) This field should be a drop down and the technician should be able to add new type of devices when necessary, and those new entries should be stored in the database for later use. [text field]
6. Brand (Add new brand option)
7. Model ( This field should be a drop down and the technician should be able to add new models of devices when necessary, and those new entries should be stored in the database for later use.) [text field]
8. Serial number [text field]
9. Accessories (such as charger, power cord etc.) This field should be a drop down and the technician should be able to add new accessories of devices when necessary, and those new entries should be stored in the database for later use. [text field]
10. Under Warranty? [select]
a) Yes, until [Date]
11. Problem description [text field]
12. Preliminary test? [check box]
c) not necessary
13. Determination after preliminary test [text field]
14. Estimate cost [number]
15. Estimated date
16. Job assigned to technician (name of the technician should be selected, also an 'add new technician' option should be available. Technician's name, email address and password are required)
Once data is entered, and unique ID for the job has to be created and a printable form should be created and emailed to the customer and to the technician assigned to the job. A disclaimer predefined text will be added to the form. Also, a label with the ID, both numeric and in bar code format (EAN 128) should be printed.
Once a job is opened it should be reflected in the OPEN JOBS option.
When job is done, technician must fill in a 'FINISHED JOB FORM' with the following fields and this information has to be added to the job information.
b2) Technician's name (default with the technician that the job has been assigned to but a drop down with all the registered technicians should be available for selection)
b3) Determined problem
b4) Operations performed (drop down with all the service operations and the price for each one of them. An 'Add New Operation' button should be available for the technicians to define the service operations in the database. Each operation should have a required 'Price' field).
Once the technician hits the 'Close Job' button, a preview page should be displayed. Containing the 'EMAIL CUSTOMER FORM'
2. Customers' First and Last name
5. Device brought in for service
8. Serial number
b3) Determined problem
b4) Operations performed (A total of the price of all operations performed should be added here)
A "Warranty text" and "Disclaimer" should be added
At this point the technician should be able to hit 'Edit' - in order to return to the previous form and make corrections, if necessary or 'Continue' - and close the job. When the Job is Closed, the last form should be emailed to the customer, also a printable version should be created. The job has to move, at this point, from 'Open Jobs' list to the 'Closed Job' list.
The technician should be able to print or email any of the forms, at any given time (ENTRY FORM, FINISHED JOB FORM and EMAIL CUSTOMER FORM)
A 'Search Job' field should be present. Search should be performed by 'Job ID', 'Customer Name' or 'Serial number'Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online