We have a client who has a Heavy Equipment Parts business. He has a catalog of over 200,000+ parts that he wants to put online. We have Linux / Apache hosting and are planning to use Wordpress to build out the rest of the site. This needs to be displayed within the Wordpress site, but can have its own admin / back-end if absolutely necessary. We would prefer to import/export through Wordpress back end if possible. We also need search functionality to search the catalog.
The interface would be similar to: [url removed, login to view] . Do a part search for "all locations" for part # TY21764. You will see how many are in stock. If you hover over "all locations" in the search result, you will see how many are at each locations. We need something similar.
We need something similar with the following specs.
1. Must be able to search parts by part number (example: TY21764) , a portion of part number (example: TY21 or 1764)
2. Would like the ability to do both soft and hard searches. As long as you search for “ABCD” and you get results for “xxxABCD”, “ABCDxxx”, and “xxxxABCDxxxx".
3. There needs to be rules put in place so that someone needs at least 4 characters to do a part search. If not a warning will come us "Your Part Number must contain at least four characters to perform a search" This is similar to what happens with [url removed, login to view]
3. Must be be able to search words in description (example: excavator cylinder Case CX130) and words do not need to be in exact order (similar to Google search)
4. Disclaimer reflects 24 hour update to database. We will import inventory numbers every 24 hours. We will not have a live inventory feed. We need to have the field names in the online database match the field names in our in-house inventory database for easy importing. We need to be able to import this data as CSV file. This main file will have 150,000+ parts.
5. About 50,000 parts in our catalog are not part of our own inventory. Instead they are drop-shipped from our suppliers. They need to be "in stock" at all times. We need rules for these and may show then as having "2" in stock at all times, for example, These will come in CSV as separate feeds, which also need to be imported into our online catalog. We do not need to adapt these INSIDE the database. Instead, we need a method to convert them before they are imported. For the purpose of this quote we will estimate that we have 2 such separate feeds of 25,000 each.
6. THERE WILL BE NO ECOMMERCE OR SHOPPING CART. Instead of "add to cart" we will have a "Reserve Part" button, which will go to a page similar to shopping cart where the buyer confirms the part(s) they need and puts in their name, email address, and phone number. This will be an email form that goes to the client.
7. We also need a record of each "Reserve Part" request to be stored in our database. We need the ability to export these names and requests.
8. We need the database download quickly, and do searches quickly.
9. The interface must be responsive. Buyers need to be able to do these searches out in the field on their tablets or smart phones.
We will provide you with a development server, ftp login info, and a basic copy of Wordpress with a theme applied.
Thank you for your help with this.
37 freelancers are bidding on average $1414 for this job
Hi, if no shopping cart nd checkout page you want on site so you also not want any payment getway on site. all product data is added by backend admin ? waiting for your response. Thanks