This project is for software to be developed that would protect a user's PDF file, basically create a protected eBook. This is so the PDF or Media file can be prevented from being shared or pirated.
The output (The protected file) MUST be able to be opened on both Windows and Mac OS X computers. Based on this I believe the only acceptable platforms would be Java and Adobe AIR type application for the protected eBook or a separate compilation build for Windows and Mac OS X of the generated file.
The software would connect to an online database where it would verify the license key or username/password given to the user to use that eBook and it would successfully activate it on the person's computer for it to be opened.
There are three parts to it:
- The actual software which will protect the PDF (the generator).
- The generator will produce a file (the protected eBook) that can be then distributed and this file must be able to be opened on both Windows and OS X PC's
- The online interface which will manage license keys or usernames/passwords to open each eBook which needs to be designed so multiple different users can manage their eBook creations.
- Specify authentication, either simple password, or check license key online via the database or verify a username/password combination also via database or no authentication at all
- Specify title of the eBook, author, copyright info, contact email, website
- Option to add a second PDF document which is a FREE preview, this free preview can be viewed by anyone that has the file but to view the main file they must activate/have a license key and have option to specify web link where they go to purchase
- Specify is user will be allowed to Print the eBook, Copy and Paste or perform screenshots while eBook is opened
- Specify if activation only needed on first run of the eBook on user's computer or if check is done each time eBook is launched on that computer
- Specify if offline use is allowed of the eBook so it doesn't need to check after first activation or a limited amount of offline uses are permitted after initial activation.
- Specify amount of computers the eBook can be used on with the particular license key
- Again must be able to opened on both Windows and Mac OS X
- User is presented with a log in screen, with the options that the generator made.
- After successful authentication user can view the eBook, and has the restrictions (such as no print, no copy) that the original generator specified.
- Manage created eBooks and users/license keys
- View all license keys, disable any number of license keys, add license keys
- Disable, Add, Edit Users if authentication is via Username/Password
- Integration with a Payment Processor most importantly PayPal to automatically send a generated license key or username/password combination to user once purchase has been completed
Please specify in your proposal how this project would be developed and in what code. Please ensure you have read the whole description here before bidding, please put the word "eBook" in front of your bid proposal so we know you have read everything here.
We will then contact you further to discuss project and go over all details before awarding.