A C++ driven application which takes screen shots of a Linux based desktop every 5 minutes and uploads the screenshots via an exposed web service. The application stores the screen shots to a designated directory that queues images which have not been uploaded (e.g. the machine cannot reach the remote server). A pre-defined hard limit is set on the folder to avoid a poor user experience.
1) Mongoose Web Server
3) POSIX threads
4) Android Operating System
1) Take screenshots every 5 minutes
2) Compress screenshot to 150kb or less (resolutions will vary depending on host machine)
3) Store screenshots to designated folder without exceeding 300MB and/or 2000 images
4) Upload Images to an exposed remote web server.
1) Your availability
2) Bid price
3) Relevant work experience (C++ programs that interface with a Linux OS)
This is an ongoing effort and is paid hourly. The developer will be required to meet with the project manager at the beginning and end of each 8 hours of effort to review work completed and discuss the next priorities. The meetings can be help via Skype and/or Google Hangouts.
Some of this code is pre-existing and will require the developer to read and understand the current routines (helper documentation will be provided)
The application will be hosted on Android devices and understanding the android operating system from an OS level can be considered a plus.