Looking to build a FreePBX Module for Oncall Notification.
System needs to be able to monitor mailboxes, and allow the selection of resources to notify when voicemail is left.
Scheduling - A schedule needs to be set for each mailbox so that Person A is on call between 1/2/13 8am and 1/14/13 8am, and Person B will go from 1/14/13 8am to 1/21/13 8am. A default person if there is no schedule match to make sure there is always someone on call.
Override - Need to keep the schedule but add an override for a set period of time. For Example Person A will cover 1/16/13 8am to 1/17/13 8am. And then Person B will be back on call.
Fallback - If person A has been attempted to contact x times, Fall Back person will start getting notified.
Purpose – When a call is received and a message left in a particular mailbox, on call personnel need to be notified that a message is present. Full confirmation of messages will be done via SMS to confirm that the message was actually received. If no response is received, notification should continue. The SMS confirmation will also be to aid in logging that an actual person listened to and acknowledged the call.
FreepBX Module for admin
* cdyne SMS API for confirmation
Schdule for oncall personnel (option – allow overlap for multi-notify)
* Have option to always use
* As more “time frames” are added, new list of people to notify and options should be presented.
* Allow changing from Recordings Interface, and send SMS to person making change, person now on call, person removed from on-call. Changes must be logged, emailed to admin contact(s).
* When calling on call personnel, should be placed ready to dial password to retrieve voicemail. Call should also be confirmed to prevent accidentally answering call, and not actually deleting voicemail.
* After message has been listened to, SMS/email to alert that call has been acknowledged
Mailbox Admin – Turn on Mailbox monitoring for new messages.
On-Call Personnel Admin – Add personnel with phone numbers to call. Should have option to either have multiple numbers, and select if cell phone or not, to allow SMS notification.
Notification Setup – Select the mailbox, assign a schedule and personnel. If multiple personnel added, option to call all simultaneously, call one after the other, or call next in order of rotation. This would be useful when a pool of engineers is available.
IVR Integration – We will require one small IVR (or other solution) to allow a user to be authenticated, before they are logged in to the mailbox to listen to the messages. No new messages should be able to be left through the back-office number.
SMS – Can be used by plain email address available by carrier, or use cdyne SMS API, which we will activate, or other reliable gateway.