We are currently looking for a script/program to help us save time with editing text/fonts in Adobe illustrator.
At the moment we open each file up and go through this process manually
*we change the job number and product type
*find and replace text (usually two names and it can be on one or two lines pending the file.)
*find and replace font ( we have up to 10 different fonts we need to choose from)
*resize text to fit within design template
* we usually repeat this 7 times on 7 different files
* we then save the files as PDFs with the job number,design name, color,font
we currently make our files manually using illustrator. the files are PDF's
What we need the script/program todo
* open descanted files and program the following to all files in there descanted areas
* find and replace text into different design templates and text size areas
* find and replace fonts
* keep the text in descanted areas.
* if we open 7 different files we need the script to run over all 7 files at the same time.
* it needs to be easy an quick!