Investigation about Wifi profile file exchange for connection sharing
This project received 3 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $547 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
This investigation, if successful, should lead to a bigger website/software project.
Short description : i want to share my personal wifi connection with a neighbor who don't have internet, but he can see my Wifi SSID on his network manager. A direct way is to give him my password, but i don't want. I should be able to send him a configuration file (xml for example generated using windows netsh command + ready to use batch file). Then using such solution he double click (the batch file) and get immediately the wifi connection, without seeing my password.
Work description :
1. Respond precisely if these operations can be achieved used web technologies (using php for exemple and Net_Wifi lib : [url removed, login to view]). If not, indicates the preferred software solution (for example python + python-wifi, or java, or ...).
2. Netsh command is good because xml file does not contain the key which is encrypted. Is there any alternative way to encrypte code in a file and enable connexion by peer ? Is there any way to make the configuration valid for a limited time ? (for example 10 days). After which, the file cannot connect to wifi. Provide code snippet for that.
3. Provide code snippet that generates configuration file. If you solution uses netsh ("netsh wlan export profile name="name" folder="folder" ".), it can be a script that generates a specific batch file to execute.
4. Once file generation is done, find a solution for 1-click connection. (for batch file, just ensure file path and file name).
5. Explain precisely how your solution could works on MacOS (without providing any code).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online