Need PHP Help!
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 10
This project requires someone with extensive knowledge in PHP and MySQL. We have a website ([url removed, login to view]) which is live at this time. When you visit the site you will see that the homepage loads a map of the state of West Virginia. Users are then able to click on a specific region in the map and are taken to the classifieds that are listed in that area. Our main goal of this website is to generate enough website traffic in order to start selling advertisements to businesses and organizations in the specific regions of the state. Myself and my business partner have set up the website and got it this far; however, we are stuck when it comes to modifying the website even further to suit what we are trying to acheive. Please review and make certain that you will be able to acheive all the tasks below before bidding on this project.
1) Make each regional page display a list of categories. For instance, go to ([url removed, login to view]) we want the categories to only show the classifieds within that region, but we want the whole category list to appear even if there are no items present like how it shows on classifiedads.com. We would also like the icons to show on each category heading as well.
2) On each region page present a "carousel" (like displayed on [url removed, login to view] ) of premium ads that users can pay to have the additional exposure. We would like this displayed above the categories on the top of the page, but below a paid slider banner for paid commercial space.
3) The main search bar on our homepage should search all items in the entire state. Conversely, each region should have their own search bar that only searches within that specific region.
4) Create a place on the Admin page so we can administer commercials ads on each regional page and category pages. For example, if we have a car dealership that would like to commercially advertise under our automobile listings – we want to be able to assign their ad to that specific category and region.
5) Add field for seller phone number to display with ad. Optional for seller to display it.
6) When mouse over region on main state page. Display the region in bold with list of counties in small font. This will help users learn their region names.
7) Each category per region will need space down the right column for commercial ads- example if a regional car dealer wants to buy an ad they can buy an ad at the regional category of cars level. These would be the lower price commercial ad spaces. Each category should have such a commercial space on right column.
8) Add the US $ signs before the price. And fix the comma problem for when sellers post the dollar amount. Right now when users add an item that is over $1,000 and adds a comma into the price. It truncates the number and sees the comma as a period.
This looks like a bunch of work on paper, but should be relatively simple to someone who understands and works in PHP. Thank you for your interest in this project and we hope to be working with you soon.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online