Node.js with Server Sent Events
This project received 4 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $521 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
I'm look for someone who has strong [url removed, login to view] skills and has worked with Server Sent Events - SSE.
I have an Nginx setup and a website that is in development and now I'm putting in chat.
I'm sending new chat messages with AJAX (this is my preference) and I want to send replys with SSE.
I understand Websockets can be used for this be I prefer SSE and can explain to you why.
I haven't used [url removed, login to view] before or SSE and I wanted to find someone who could help me setup the following:
- [url removed, login to view] script that queries a MySQL Database for new messages - help to set this up on a Linux Server - I assume a running server/service
- SSE on the clients with capability for all browsers - there is js plugin I've seen that sorts this for IE etc. (see the connection is requested).
- Ability for [url removed, login to view] to send message (from its DB query) to the connected clients - clients have a unique ID and I wanted to use this to send to if possible.
- Successful sending of message from server to browser.
Also to answer my questions around the above.
I'm happy to pay up to $[url removed, login to view] but you must have all the skills to do this (it will be obvious if you are just working it out like me) and I do ask I lot of questions so I can understand.
Also I'm the only one with server access so you will need to instruct me over skype or some method on what to do etc - my web skills are strong so I pick thing up very quickly.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online