STUDENT GRADE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
• Each user of the system has its own user name and password. The users of the system and their priorities are as follows:
- Has the highest access priority which enables him/her to perform all the functionalities that exist in the application.
- Is able to register/add new users to the system.
- Is able to add, delete, edit, search and update all records.
- The lecturer in charge of a module has the right to enter, view, delete and edit marks for the given module.
- Able to view and search student and module information.
- Can only view and search student details, module details and module results.
(Cannot add, delete or edit examination information.)
- Able to view their examinations report.
- Able to view module details.
• The administrator has the right to add/register a new student. Some of the following details of each student are recorded:
- Student Number
- National Identification Card Number
- Date of birth
- Modules (note: each student takes 3 modules per semester)
- Date Joined
• A student registers for 3 modules per semester. Each module is assigned to a single lecturer and the lecturer has control over the module within the period. Every module contains 2 assessments, of which, an in-course assignment weighted at 50% and final examination weighted at 50%.
• Each staff has a unique staff number and this will be automatically generated by the system.
Classification of designation for staff is categorised as follows:
- Administrative staff
- Academic staff
The category of designation and the related department are determined by you in the system.
• The search of any record in the system can be done by using the following categories:
- Student Number
- NIC Number
- And other categories
• If a list of record is displayed after the search, the system should allow fine searching in order to allow only one record to be displayed as the final selection. You should design the system so that the user is able to edit the selective category in the search record. After the edit process is done, the user is prompted for saving purpose.
• You should determine the selection in the main menu for each login user. After each final result is displayed, the system should prompt the user whether he/she would like to continue or not.