Web Application for Small Biz
This project received 37 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2910 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Need a web-based application for a small business
This small business rents 3 types of storage:
1. Units - (these are storage spaces they rent by the month) there are a few different sizes. This is a building that has 50 - 60 spaces for rent.
2. Containers - (these are large boxes they bring onsite and leave for a period of time, day week, month)
3. Trailers - (these are large containers with wheels - they are the back of a tractor trailer truck) They leave these also for a day, week, month
Then there is customers information.
What my client wants to be able to do is:
1. Enter a new customer - take all the usual info - name - address - phone - email
2. Assign the customer to the type of storage unit they want to rent (trailer, container or unit) - this could be a combination (1 trailer, 2 containers, etc)
3. Create and Print an invoice (maybe email an invoice functionality) Mark the invoice paid when it's paid
4. Be able to look up a customer and find out their history. What they rented last year for example... look up their invoice.
5. REPORTS - Create an inventory list to find out what containers are where, what is available to rent - when containers will need to be picked up. For example - how many containers are out now - what income am I getting from them. What containers do I need to pickup/deliver in April or any given week/day. (containers and trailers are delivered to construction sites - units are rentals at their office - units don't move) Trailers and containers are located in different places and are pickup and delivered to many places.
6. An 'at a glance' calendar view to schedule pickups and deliveries of containers or trailers for a given day/week/month - when a person rents a trailer or container - I'd like that to be added to a calendar to create a schedule for the driver to deliver (or pickup).
7. They use Quickbooks so I'd like a way to be able to export customer and invoice info as a CSV file so it can be imported into QB - so we don't have to double enter everything. (I think connecting to QB is way to complicated and flaky)
I'd like this to be hosted so we can access it from anywhere and be able to add data or look up customers. Possibly a simplified view for an iPhone.
What do they have for data now? Well - a large 'write and wipe' board on the wall and a couple of excel sheets with a list of containers and trailers. We would enter data from the forms on the site you build.
We would have a site hosted locally that you would have access to. It would have PHP MySQL - unless you tell us we need something else.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online