XMPP based livehelp widget
This project received 5 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We require a basic livehelp widget that will message all defined jabber/xmpp users in a group and let the first one respond. The operator can then chat to the website user via there jabber client. We are open to ideas on what technology is used but we do require that the server side is PHP and would rather node/socket/jquery for client side.
Ideally on the client side we would rather that the client does not need any pre-set requirement's to chat with us and would rather 1 second polling is NOT used. We would also like any users on the website to show up on the operators contact list from there jabber client, with there IP address as a minimum so we can track who is on the website.
Here is what we require:
- Chat widget that a website user can click on and type a question and there name/email/phone number - the widget then messages all operators and the first one that responds get's the chat (the rest are informed of this). Operators should also be able to transfer a chat to another operator (if online) by simply typing //transfer X and should still be able to see the chat going on. If all operators are offline then the chat widget can simply hide or just say offline.
- Visitors on the website show up on the operators contact list with there IP address and hostname in the description (when you hover over the contact) and disappear when the visitor leaves the site. If the visitor chats with us then of course that visitor contact should be used for the chat - meaning each website visitor needs to be assigned a session id. If an operator chats with a visitor then the chat box should open automatically so the operator can do a pro-active chat with the website user.
- The code technology used on the website should be limited to jquery and the technology server side should be based on php and socket/node where applicable.
- We have a ejabberd server and servers that you can use for building/testing if required.
Please state by direct message what technology/frameworks you would use for your bid to be considered.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online