Zen Cart - No Free Shipping items
This project was successfully completed by Samtiger2 for $100 USD in a day.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In1 day
My client has Zen Cart set up for MOST products to ship free when the order total reaches $250. Until the $250 level is reached, shipping is charged unless a product is flagged Free Shipping. Three classes of products are offered: 1) Free Shipping (typically monthly specials) 2) Non-free unless order total is over $250 3) Never shipped free but product price applies toward $250 for other products.
Provide the ability within Zen Cart to allow certain products to never ship free, regardless of order total. The never ship free option will be configurable for each product within the product setup screen. The shipping cost for the never ship free items will be based on cost and usually will be shipped via UPS, but may ship via Motor Carrier. If a new Shipping Module is created it should be named Never Ship Free. It should follow standard Zen Cart functionality standards, i.e. allow module enable/disable, etc.
Some examples of order functionality:
--- Already supported in Zen Cart ---
* Visitor purchases $200 of Normal products. Order ships with freight charge.
* Visitor purchases $300 of Normal products. Order ships with Free Shipping.
* Visitor purchases $100 of Normal products and $100 of Free Shipping products ($200). Visitor pays for shipping on the $100 Normal products.
* Visitor purchases $200 of Normal products and $100 of Free Shipping products ($300 total). Order ships with Free Shipping.
--- Desired result from this request ---
* Visitor purchases $100 Normal products, $100 of Free Shipping products, $100 of Never Shipped Free products ($300 total). Visitor would pay shipping on the $100 of Never Shipped Free products only. ($100 Normal products and $100 Free Shipping products ship for free because order total is over $300. Freight would be added (based on weight) for the $100 Never Shipped Free products.)
* Visitor purchases $500 of Normal products and $500 of Never Shipped Free products. Visitor would pay shipping on the $500 of Never Shipped Free products (by weight) while the $500 of Normal products would ship for free because the order total is over $250.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online