Unix-based server administration (install, configure, optimize)
This project was awarded to fiskerpartners for $36 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$25 - $50 USD / hour
I am currently looking for a Linux Server Administrator to join our well established business.
As a key member of the IT team, you will be responsible for the implementation and upkeep of a number of business critical Linux based systems.
You will monitor and respond to server issues quickly and liaise with external providers where necessary to ensure maximum uptime.
You will face many challenges and provide solutions that are both cost effective and scalable.
This challenging senior role requires a flexible and experienced individual who is not afraid to adapt to unfamiliar situations.
- 2 years experience of supporting Linux based servers. Specifically LAMP / NginX / Ubuntu
- Proven experience in capacity planning and scalable system design.
- Knowledge of network design and technologies.
- Good people skills. Successful candidate will be expected to deal with both external suppliers and provide internal desktop support in-between projects.
- Must have experience of virtualisation in a cross Windows / Linux environment.
- Must have a 'Can Do' attitude. If asked to do something unfamiliar, you will take the initiative to research and test before deployment.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online