I have a database driven website which will be going live soon. It has all the usual functionality of user registration, logging in, password reminders, a forum, making web posts etc. In addition it has an element which allows addition, editing and search of products.
My primary need is for someone to create a comprehensive test script which can be re-used and I would like you to run those tests on the website so I can see the results. Ideally the test script creation and execution should be done using a free or cheap ($50 per month) web based testing solution. At the very least the output should go into an Excel workbook.
This is not a programming or design job. Please do not respond with template code house bids. I want to hear what specific experience you have in this area and I'd rather see evidence of that experience.
Site URL will be given only to the winning bidder. Just consider the testing involved in a typical web based application.
Your experience - Bids welcome from people meeting the following criteria
5+ years testing experience
Strong web application testing experience
Previous experience creating test scripts
Experience of testing non-functional requirements such as response times for fixed requests
Good communication skills
Preferable experience with open source testing tools
- Produce comprehensive test specification. Must test every area of the site
- Do so using, preferably, a web based tool but if not then an Excel workbook would do
- Test entries and results must be filterable (pass/fail/retest etc)
- Carry out a round of testing on the site (using the test script) and record the results
- Any form of repeatable script that allows tests to be conducted autonomously and repeated on demand is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Comprehensive test script
- At least one pass of testing
- Recommendation on a web based tool for recording test criteria and results