Always-On-Top Display Module for Pocket PC
This project received 1 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $425 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100 - $500 USD
The project is to develop the “Display Module?? for a Virtual Pet application which will run on Pocket PC. (Pet is not animated for this project)
The main requirements are as follows -- **please feel free to ask me if you have any questions**:
• Pet must have the ability to be moved/displayed anywhere on the screen as an always-on-top graphic. This includes the Start Menu, the bottom menu bar, the keyboard, popup menus and when the user is switching between applications.
• Graphic must have the ability to appear partially transparent, for non-square pets.
• Graphic should be an 8-bit .ico or .png file and allow for variable sizes.
• The GAPI cannot be used at all, since it is deprecated (no GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER). Please use DirectDraw.
• Must be Screen Orientation and Resolution aware. Must not disappear if the user tries to move the Pet off the screen.
• Tap-and-drag functionality.
• Function to toggle Pet display on and off.
• Must ***not*** be a fullscreen form application.
• Should use the DirectDraw and the raw Frame Buffer (I'm open to suggestions on this).
• Must have the ability to send pen taps made on the Virtual Pet, or elsewhere on the screen, down to the underlying window at the appropriate “tap?? coordinates.
• The title bar text must be that of the underlying window.
• Pet image file must be able to be changed while program is running.
• The project must be developed in Visual Studio 2005
• The project must be implemented using Embedded Visual C++
• Must work on Windows Mobile 5 and Windows Mobile 6 on Pocket PC
• Must not use MFC.
• Well documented code
• Code must be robust, and handle errors gracefully
• No memory leaks!
• Efficient code
**Attachment**: The attached file contains additional screenshots.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Must work on Pocket PC with Windows Mobile 5, and
and Pocket PC with Windows Mobile 6
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online