Twitter Search API module in PHP to save URLs to MySQL database
This project received 3 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $102 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
This job requires you to create a PHP module that will extract URLs containing a particular domain from the Twitter search API (v1.1) ([url removed, login to view]) and save each URL into a MySQL Database.
- The module will be designed to run every few minutes and save to the database all matching URLs contained in tweets since the last time the module ran. If the module hasn't been previously run in the last 10 minutes, the module will only save URLs from tweets from the last 10 minutes.
- Additional URLs found in tweets that do not match the criteria of the domain provided should not be saved to the database.
- Each URL must be saved to a new entry in the MySQL database with a unique key number, and the tweet's 'created_at' date/timestamp.
- All URLs must be un-shortened form twitters '[url removed, login to view]' short URLs before being saved into the database.
- The module will include basic error checking and handling for cases like the Twitter API being unreachable or Search API request limits.
- Your code will be well commented.
- You will have experience working with the Twitter Search API (1.1), including knowledge of the API request limits (we are expecting 100+ URLs to be posted per minute).
This module is part of an ongoing project, so there is potential for further work if this job is completed well.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online