I need a simple call logger system, which runs on a desktop PC, and detects incoming phone calls. (The phone line would be connected to the modem in the PC).
1. The incoming phone call should be detected, and the callerID should be retrieved. The code for this is ready. You just need to use a caller ID control ([url removed, login to view]) which is a TAPI compliant ActiveX control.
2. This caller ID is to be checked against a remote SQL Server 2000 database table : which is the main "contacts" table. (so this is a very simple search on one field...thats it)
[url removed, login to view] the caller is found in the table, then the caller's contact and other details should be retrieved from the database and displayed to the user (at the desktop).
The user then has the option to modify the details, or use those details to "LOG" the call, i.e save the call information. Logging means, certain information about the call is stored to another table (on the same remote database). This information will include the info. retrieved in the first place.
4. If the caller is not found, the user should be able to enter some details into a form, and these details will then be logged. The user should also have the option to be able to "save" the caller's info. into the main contacts table in the remote database.
5. The program should also let the user, add / modify / search / delete log entries later.
6. An option for reports is also needed, where the user can view details of calls logged per day / week / month / quarter / year; grouped by caller etc..Graphical representation of these reports will be needed. And printing of these reports is also required.
This program is to be developed as a VB.Net, Windows-based desktop application which performs all steps above.
I will give you the table design of the Main contacts table which is on an existing SQL server database on a remote server.
I will also give you more details about this, including the table design for the CALL LOG, where information about calls are stored.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).