Language: Visual Basic 6 running on Windows 98 thru XP.
Description: I would like to see how two versions of this program would be handled. I am using this as a learning exercise. Full comments requested.
1) One utilizing a generic database distributable to anyone, no additional software requirement
2) One without any database integration. Just Objects and classes, and other visual basic components......
a) Basic Address Book to add unlimited number of users.
b) Unlimited Checkbook Accts w/ capability to assign different users to each checkbook.
c) List of Accounts to assign to each purchase
d) Standard Checkbook Features with withdrawal, deposit, balance
e) Method to display user list, the different checkbook lists Account list,
f) Ability to read/write(import/export) from a file, format spec to prog, text file, and excel sheet.
g) Report format to print info.
h) copy, cut, paste.
I am just looking for enough programing to get a sense of different ways to accomplish this sort of task.
3-4 levels of complexity should be enough to give me a sense of how to deal with this sort of info.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Visual Basic 6 Program running on Windows 98 thru Windows XP.