GPS Backend Program
- Status Closed
- Budget $500 - $700 USD
- Total Bids 18
We are looking for a talented individual/group to help us with a GPS programming backend application.
We will be making our system open and available for your work, so you will be able to use and learn Manifold if needed. The server will contain test data as well as live coordinates from the GPS units.
Knowledge of Manifold ([url removed, login to view]) if preferred, but not needed. Preference will also be given to coders with high rankings and ratings.
We are accepting bids on either an hourly basis as well as entire job.
We will need someone that has a strong mathematics background. Also the program will need to be completed in .NET, either VB or C#.
This project needs to accomplish the following goals.
1. Internally handle transmission of GPS coordinates from the Units in the field directly to our offices
2. The system must be expandable
3. Insert communication between GPS units into Database
4. Tie in GPS information into Existing Fleet management project that does the following:
a.)Create Program to determine when GPS unit was with in ### feet of the target address for time keeping purposes
b.)Calculate ETA of Unit to destination address
c.)Provide Directions to destination address from current location of GPS unit.
d.)Has reports that allow for arrival and departure; as well as Off course/routes taken; Unauthorized arrivals-departures; Unauthorized movement
e.)Will show on map and item list, the vehicle movement and time record.
f.)A probability mode that can be enabled and disabled.
Please look at our full job information in the attached file.
Thank you for your interest in our job.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Must be able to run in a windows enviorment. Windows XP/NT/2000/2003. Program must be done in [url removed, login to view] or C#.NETGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online