VB6 code to connect to SQL Server 6.5 and retrieve some info:
- the code should use ADO 2.5 - it should have reference to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library
- connect to SQL Server 6.5, using either password protected connection or not
- get list of all databases in given server
- get list of all tables in given database
- get list of all stored procedures, functions, views, triggers and relationships
- get list of all fields in given table, and their properties (i.e. properties of the fields - what type they are, are Nulls allowed, etc)
- read and display the content of given table (display data stored in given table)
Sample application, which is using all mentioned above code, is to be delivered.
Code is to be commented - each Subroutine and Function has to have comments at the top specifying what it is supposed to do, which parameters it is taken and what it is returning. Also comments should specify the assumptions about passed values (if there are any).
- for passed parameters in subs and functions: they need to be specified if they are passed ByVal or ByRef; they should have prefix "p"
- all local variables should have prefix "l"
- after prefix "l" or "p" there should be 3 letters indicating type of the variable, for example:
int for Integer
lng for Long
dbl for Double
bln for Boolean
llngCount - local Long variable
pdblAmount - passed Double variable
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
All 32-bit versions of Windows which have ADO 2.5 installed.