Android GPS Guard Tracking
This project received 3 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £770 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
I work in the security industry as a guard, visiting multiple sites. What I would like is a system to allow me to log in to sites to say I've been, along with four other guys I work with, with the system being available to our clients from a web (php) interface.
The way I envisage this working:
1) Staff would be set up on the web front end
2) Customer logins would be set up on the web front end.
3) Sites would be set up on a back end.
4) Once a site is set up, the guard would visit the site, and run the app we're creating in a supervisor mode, which will allow him to "add waypoint". Each time he does this, the device will store the GPS location (including height) on the database, along with a meaningful name for the waypoint. This would be repeated for as many waypoints as we need on a site, i.e. Front Door, Back Door, top Balcony, Front Gate would all need to be checked.
5) Once the site has been stored, and all it's waypoints are logged, me, or one of my colleagues would visit site, and running the app in "guard" mode. The user would have three options on screen:
* Check-in (nothing to report)
* Check-in (report)
* Panic Button
The Check In button would send the location to the database, and search - providing there is a waypoint within x metres of the guard's location, a record would be added with a time-stamp, the guard's ID, the phone's mac-address, and a couple of other fields. If Check-In (report) is pressed, an additional dialog would be presented with a drop-down list of strings populated from a database, and a free-text box (memo) for further information - these two fields would also store to the database along with the basic checkin information. If "Panic" is pressed, the database would need to log the record in the same way, and initiate a phone call to a configurable number - I will set up a cron job on the server to monitor for panics and mail our hunt group to let all the guys know that a panic has been registered.
If more than one check-in was located within the allocated distance, then the guard using the software would be given a selection box to choose which one
The client interface will need to be a very basic login system which leads them straight to a spreadsheet style list of check-ins on their site within the past 24/48/72 hours/week/month (selectable)
let me know if I can provide more useful information.
this is phase one - as our company grows, there will be a second phase allowing the client to pass messages to the guard upon checking in.
All variables, server names and login details need to be configurable on the front-end of the app via a settings screen.
I would prefer the system to cache the entire client/site/waypoint database locally to save bandwidth. I would like the system to have a facility to write locally and upload later if there's no mobile signal when logging a checkin.
Assuming the software works well for us, I would be happy to sell it to other companies I network with for a straight down the middle split.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online