This proposal is written for the purpose of explanation regarding the features of the website that is intended to be built.
In our final project, I decided to build a website which can provide the information of earthquake to the general public and to the government authorities. The website which is intended to be built should contain following features:
1) The website should be dynamic. Means to say that it should automatically be updated without any manual effort of updating the data to the server etc.
2) It should have a professional environment and background.
3) It should be linked to the USGS website so that it can be able to use:
• The software from USGS website in its own environment/pages (By Clicking it should not direct to the USGS website)
• It should use the USGS updating features relating to the earthquake automatically
• It should automatically take the data, maps, information related to the intensities of the earthquake.
• It should use the USGS programs in its own environment.
4) It should work automatically on an equation which will be provided, and that equation is based on the parameters of a building & the intensity of earthquake. If those variables/parameters are put in the equation it can automatically solve the equation (The equation is used to calculate the liable losses to the building/ buildings. And the parameters of a building should be obtained from Google map and the intensity of an earthquake should be obtained from USGS website ( It should work in the order, first it identifies the earthquake in Pakistan from USGS website , Then it takes the intensity and the location of an earthquake, once location is identified it should automatically search that location on Google map and from there it takes the parameters of buildings and then put those parameters in the given equation and find the losses.
5) The website should be connected to the Pakistan Earthquake departments from where it can take the data and provide it on its environment.
6) It should have the SMS feature. It means that when an earthquake happens it automatically send the message to the specific people/authorities.
7) It should be flexible.
8) May be some more features are required to be added
NOTE: THIS PROPOSL IS MEANT FOR THE UNDERSTANDING PURPOSES.