Build a simple Event Management website (domain is already booked)
This project received 10 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $637 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
I want to build a simple (WordPress based or otherwise) Event Management website which which allows user to:
(1) Upload Image / Invite (No plan to have templates at the beginning, if the image is too big it should warn the user and then re-size it suitably), fill event related information including Google Map location Tagging
(2) Set customized number of response buttons (with user defined text). For instance In case of event rsvp buttons can be "Yes", "No" and "May be" while in case of feedback it can be "Good", "Bad" etc Hence Number of button and Text to be displayed on each of them should be customizable.
(3) Upload / Enter contacts in standardize format. for instance "Salute First Name, Last Name, Designation & Email ID" and these field should be available in case user wants to include them in Email body to personalize the message (for instance Dear or Dear etc)
(4) Send / Test or Set a predefined Date to Automatically Send emails, user should be able to define "From" address and "Reply to" address and "Subject Line"
(5) Response Capture Mechanism will be simple yet intelligent, when email goes to recipient, button will contain a link which will post response to the database. Ideally a Database should be structured like User (parent) ---> Campaign. On clicking response button (let's say Yes in case of RSVP) the database should be updated with Date time stamp, replier's email Id, name, response etc. The message to be displayed on successful update is "Your response has been successfully updated." and a form to submit "additional remarks" and "total number of people attending (including yourself)" should be displayed, response to which should be stored in the same response record in the database.
(6) Users should also have ability to send email using their personal / corporate email system, along with ability to directly send it through my website.
However when user sends it using their emails tracking (embedded link in response button) will be generic i.e. without specific email id of the recipient but it will contain just the unique event id to store responses.
Structure of the response link in embedded button should be something like (I am just proposing it)
case 1: when email id is given (sent using my website)
\....\[url removed, login to view]
If user decides to fill up the form (which allows him to enter remarks etc) the database record with same email id will get updated with "remarks" and number of people attending" field.
case 2: Generic (sent using their own infrastructure where embedded link has to be generic)
\....\[url removed, login to view]
and a form should be displayed (different from case 1) where user will enter name, email id, remarks, no. of people attending etc, and then on submit a record will get created for a given event id.
(7) If the response is already captured and if Guest (replier) clicks on same personalized link (case 1) he should be able to change his response / remarks. However in case 2 (users with generic link) can update only if they provide same email id (otherwise a new record will be created) [please let me know if you have better way to handle this]
(8) Dashboard: User shall be provided with a back end dashboard which will show event wise detail (a) Total invites sent (b) Bounced (c) Total Response received further broken down into link Number of Yes , No, May be responses. etc
(9) Feedback: User should be able to send email to all the people with specified response type (let's say who marked Yes) a feedback email (with customizable text), which allows responders to enter feedback which will get stored in the same database record by matching email id.
Since WordPress already provides the framework it may be easier to build this on it. I assume that I have made most of the points very clear, however in case you have further questions let me know.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online