CRE loaded help wanted
- Status Closed
- Budget $300 - $1500 USD
- Total Bids 14
I need some help working on a CRELoaded (OSCommerce) project that I have. The sites are live, but some loose ends need to be cleaned up, that's where *you* come in! I just don't have enough time to get all the things done that they want... so I need your help!
I don't mind if it's team or an individual bidding.
Please only apply if you are competent - I've had two other freelancers fail at this project - one of them couldn't even get the sites installed and working - It's a non-standard CRE installation. The code is a bit messy and can be a bit confusing at times.
You need to be familiar with:
CRELoaded branch of OSCommerce
It would be nice if you were familiar with:
And if you were contactable via MSN.
The site code is kept in a Subversion repository, and i'll give you FTP access to the staging stores, so you can upload and test. The two stores share the exact same codebase, and the code is a little different due to various fixes and enhancements.
Example items that need doing:
- Moving images on some of the pages
- Fixing spelling mistakes
- Getting the shipping module to work properly
- Troubleshooting payment problems
- Fixing formatting on the product list page
- Fixing some issues in the administration pages
- Creating new reports for the admin section
- Getting tax to calculate properly in regards to shipping and coupons
The real list is here: [url removed, login to view]
As I said the sites are already trading(live). There are just quite a few things that need cleaning up.
- We will mostly communicate by email. We are occassionally on MSN and Gtalk.
- We require DAILY status updates. If more that 3 days transpire without communication, we have the right to cancel the project.
- With these updates, we require access to a public URL, so that we can see and test the project as it's being built. This lets us see a realtime status of the project, so that we can flag up any problems as they occur.
- The deadline is quite tight - 10 days for you to complete it.
- We need to know what timezone you are in and the days of the week and the hours that you work, so that we know when you can be contacted.
- You will warranty your code for 30 days from handover - if we find a bug in that time, we expect it to be fixed, free of charge to us. Bugs are problems that are identified to be directly attributable to the development process. Not hardware bugs, or extra features! Just the code that you create for us. However, after 30 days, it's up to us to fix it, so we need to know your hourly rate that you would charge to fix items after this period has expired.
- We are looking for a reliable partner who can meet deadlines, quotes fair prices, and does good work.
- We may also be interested in using you for primary or secondary support for the site. This depends on how well our relationship works during this project.
- We have a few more sites coming up, so to be considered for them, we must have a good, working relationship.
- You will ONLY communicate directly to us. ANY attempt to communicate directly with our clients will result in a termination of our relationship and you will forfiet any payment outstanding.
- We will pay by escrow.
- We will release 50% of the escrow when the work has been completed.
- We will release the second 50% when 30 days have elapsed AND all outstanding bugs have been fixed.
- We 'own' the project and all code, once you've completed the work.
- We expect to be given all source code, psd's, documents, images, notes and anything at all that has to do with this project.
We're an e-Commerce development company with 8 years experience. We've worked on all sizes of sites, from tiny one-page stores, to huge multi-server stores. We have recently started getting more work that we can do, so we're looking for a few good people to build a relationship with, so that we can continue to grow our business.
We're honest and fair, and we know how hard it is to develop good sites. It's even harder to find good people to work with!
We don't mind where you live, as long as you have a strong command of written English.
We're located primarily in the UK, but do business in Europe, Canada and the USA too.
We've been so busy that we haven't had a chance to redesign our own site for over a year now! So when you go there, you'll just see a holding page: [url removed, login to view]
Please, if I haven't thought to provide details that you need, contact me through this site.
[url removed, login to view]Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online