Changes to OSCommerce Site
- Status Completed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 40
I'm in need of a web developer who has experience with the OScommerce Platform V 2.3 and is fluent in PHP & MySQL. I will provide constant contact and answers to any of your questions through the completion of the project.
Scope of Work
Working with their existing Oscommerce 2.3 structure, you will be making several revisions to this site in order to improve the overall user experience. In total 3 new pages will be added to the main navigation: Sizing, Wholesale, and Custom Products.
• Navigation: Main navigation will be changed to “Shop, About Us, What is UPF? Sizing, Partners, Stories, Wholesale, Custom Products, Press, and Contact Us.” This is subject to change depending on Bev / Jamie’s final decision. Also, Categories / Best sellers content will be removed on About Us, Partners, Stories, and Contact Us.
• Theme: The use of color will be incorporated into the site to brighten up the overall mood. The “shop” button in the main navigation will stand apart and be easily viewed by customers. Additional changes to the header and footer will be done in order to simplify and clean its current look.
• Shipping: Flat Rate & UPS shipping will be setup.
• Coupon Codes: The current module will be reviewed and determined if it’s still a practical solution. If not, a new community add-on for coupon codes will be installed and tested.
• Social Media: A Facebook and Pinterest page will be setup. These will also be updated on individual product pages in order for customers to share products with friends.
• Product Pages: The community add-on “QT Pro” will be installed. This will allow the Quantity attribute to be added to each individual product page. Color swatches will also be added to product pages, thus allowing customers to select from colors directly or with the drop down menu.
• Sizing: A sizing chart will be created and linked to the main navigation. Content will be provided
• Custom Products: A custom products page will be created and linked to the main navigation. Content will be provided.
• Wholesale: A Wholesale page will be created and linked to the main navigation. Content will be provided.
• Community Add-Ons:
I. Ultimate SEO URLs: This contribution builds on the cName & pName code to give an even more flexible, search engine friendly, and cross server compatible SEO URLs,
II. Header Tags SEO V 3.0: Adds unique Title and Meta Tags to each page, Allows the keywords position to be checked on google in admin. Provides an easy way to add descriptions to the category pages, product pages, and product listing pages.
III. Google XML Sitemap: Creates an XML Sitemap that provides Google with metadata about specific types of content on your site. A sitemap makes sure a search engines knows about all the pages on your site, including URL’s that may not be discoverable during Google’s normal crawling process.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online