Character Sheet Database, Cost Tracker, and optional Chat to Forum Integration
This project received 34 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2560 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 USD
I apologize -- I'm not techy, so how I describe things isn't perfect. We are a website devoted to the White Wolf/Onyx Path game lines of World of Darkness. They're pen and paper games similar to Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder.
We're looking for three things. Anything beyond those three things are reach goals that we don't necessarily need. We think they might be more hardcore, but they may not be. We don't know.
1) The big thing that we really want is a character sheet/thread database. Basically, we'd need these character sheets and threads built so that only the Storytellers of that specific venue (such as Werewolf the Forsaken or Mage the Awakening or what have you) could see all the threads, and only the specific players could have access to their own. We'd like them to be relatively easily updated from a moderator standpoint. Right now we just post text based character sheets on a forum thread and ensure that the folders they are in are accessibly only by the specific player and the moderators -- we'd prefer if the database was clean, easily readable, and...well a lot simpler to navigate.
2) We're looking for a way to track player resources. For instance, all characters have "willpower points" that they can spend to add to dice rolls, or resist effects, or activate powers. We'd like it so that players could use a simple command to note the willpower being subtracted from their sheet -- or any of the other character resources, such as Werewolf Essence, or Mage Mana, or Changeling Glamor, so on. There would also need to be a way for them to roll or add these things as they gain them. Willpower for instance is re-gained at one a night (though not always if the character has an issue that could, perhaps, somehow be marked in the programming by the moderators once the program is set up?), and essence is regained from meditating at a werewolf territory item, called a locus. Similarly, a way to track weather of the particular locations (as each of our venues is at a different location), as well as moon phases would be incredibly helpful.
3) A way to make experience points (XP) easy to hand out. For instance, a way we could select multiple character threads, type in a number, and have that automatically added to the players total and unspent character XP. This would make a five hour project into something that takes under ten minutes, for which literally all of us would be very grateful. And if there's ways we can add XP to people who were, say, involved with scenes with us, or did things to help us or whatever too similarly -- that would be awesome.
So those are the three things we're actively looking for. As I said, we have a few reach things we're hoping for but -- focus on the above. For our reach projects:
1) We're hoping to synchronize all of the bits and pieces of our site. Forum -> Chat -> Wiki -> Dice roller. If you spend a WP, you can simply type the command in to the dice roller or the chat, and it's updated on your sheet. When you log in to one you can easily move from one to the other.
2) Get it so that you can just enter your dice pool in to the dice roller or chat and get it to auto locate your numbers from the sheet database and input the numbers for you. That is, if on your sheet you had Dexterity 3 and Firearms 2, you could just type Dexterity + Firearms and it would access your sheet and automatically know to roll you 5 dice. This combined with being able to spend Willpower so if you typed Dexterity + Firearms + WP so that it would auto-spend a willpower point for you and roll 8 dice.
Really, I think that's it. I feel like I described things terribly. But other important things:
We're currently using MediaWiki for our Wiki, AddOn Chat for our chat interface, and phpBB for our forum. We're willing to upgrade or change (such as move to vBulletin) if it would be easier/work better. We may just need a hand to guide us through the process so we don't lose anything!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online