The Gist: I own a membership site, and I would like to give my members a replicating blog...something along the lines of blogger, but fewer bells and whistles.
- I require a wordpress template, I want a professional and clean look, nothing too 'fancy', but the user will be able to personalize the header.
- When the user creates their blog they will have basic input: blog title, folder (obviously with a check to ensure that it's unique), and enter their username from my system (verify that they're actually a member, and only allow paid members to create multiple blogs).
- I want the blogs to be created and formatted like: [url removed, login to view]
- Obviously, inside the user's admin panel they will only be able to access/see/modify their own content and blogs.
- The user's admin panel will be a little 'dumbed down' for simplicity with basic controls to: add a post, modify post, update affiliate ID's, monetize the blog with banners, and upload their own image for the header, and a place to approve/deny/disable comments.
- I would like our own affiliate banners to display on all the blogs...this will be an integral part of the template. If the user is a paid member the banners and monetization will go to his/her affiliate links, if not it will go to a default account...
- Eventually I would like to have a few different templates, so the ability for the user to pick a template on setup, and also update it from their admin panel should be 'there' but hidden until it's ready to be released (obviously if I love your template, I would like the next ones from you also).
My Other Thoughts:
- The whole point of these sites is to have all the SEO benefits of wordpress, so we cannot do anything to compromise that.
- I am guessing this can be done with wordpress mu, but I just don't have the time to learn all about that right now...but I'm open to other ideas/methods, results is the name of the game.
- I assume wordpress already has some 'security' in place against hacks and people trying to crash the system/database, but unlike most wordpress installations this will not be on the user's hosting...thoughts/insight on this will be appreciated.
- I plan on having 1000's (probably 10's of 1000's over time) of these blogs, so it needs to be built with this in mind. I am unsure of whether each blog will need it's own database, or if we could just run multiple tables with each blog's particulars like _subdomain_wpcontent...again, thoughts on this are appreciated.
- I am currently looking for someone to help with ongoing projects/troubleshooting/maintenance, and several new projects I have planned for this year, if this project goes well I will have plenty of work for the right person.
Thanks for your interest, and happy bidding!
11 freelancers are bidding on average $599 for this job
My bid is for creating and or installing the functionalities and does not include the design, we can work the design out but keep in mind it will be a different cost.