Create A Multi User Blogging System Similar To Blogger
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 13
The Gist: I own a membership site, and I would like to give my members a replicating blog...something along the lines of blogger, but fewer bells and whistles.
- I require a wordpress template, I want a professional and clean look, nothing too 'fancy', but the user will be able to personalize the header.
- When the user creates their blog they will have basic input: blog title, folder (obviously with a check to ensure that it's unique), and enter their username from my system (verify that they're actually a member, and only allow paid members to create multiple blogs).
- I want the blogs to be created and formatted like: [url removed, login to view]
- Obviously, inside the user's admin panel they will only be able to access/see/modify their own content and blogs.
- The user's admin panel will be a little 'dumbed down' for simplicity with basic controls to: add a post, modify post, update affiliate ID's, monetize the blog with banners, and upload their own image for the header, and a place to approve/deny/disable comments.
- I would like our own affiliate banners to display on all the blogs...this will be an integral part of the template. If the user is a paid member the banners and monetization will go to his/her affiliate links, if not it will go to a default account...
- Eventually I would like to have a few different templates, so the ability for the user to pick a template on setup, and also update it from their admin panel should be 'there' but hidden until it's ready to be released (obviously if I love your template, I would like the next ones from you also).
My Other Thoughts:
- The whole point of these sites is to have all the SEO benefits of wordpress, so we cannot do anything to compromise that.
- I am guessing this can be done with wordpress mu, but I just don't have the time to learn all about that right now...but I'm open to other ideas/methods, results is the name of the game.
- I assume wordpress already has some 'security' in place against hacks and people trying to crash the system/database, but unlike most wordpress installations this will not be on the user's hosting...thoughts/insight on this will be appreciated.
- I plan on having 1000's (probably 10's of 1000's over time) of these blogs, so it needs to be built with this in mind. I am unsure of whether each blog will need it's own database, or if we could just run multiple tables with each blog's particulars like _subdomain_wpcontent...again, thoughts on this are appreciated.
- I am currently looking for someone to help with ongoing projects/troubleshooting/maintenance, and several new projects I have planned for this year, if this project goes well I will have plenty of work for the right person.
Thanks for your interest, and happy bidding!Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online