1) Create a video player using Flash to play videos. Flash animation and ActionScript coding are required to play videos on this website.
2) Create a database for storing user information. The user database table should include a unique identifier, name, address, email, and interests. Develop web page for gathering user profile information. Capture information used from the web page and store in database.
3) Create a database for storing video information. The video database table should include a unique identifier, video name, video file path, video size, video ratings, video time, video author, and video description. Video information will be gathered when the user uploads video to website.
4) Create a rating system for videos. The rating system can determine which videos are placed in a featured video module on the home page; it also adds a community aspect to let a user know what others think of the video. Find AJAX code for a rating system and implement it on the video page template. Store ratings as a database record for that video when user rates it.
5) Incorporate the community components for videos. Add social media options such as Facebook and Twitter to share video with others. Add forums to the video template for comments about each video.
6) Create a web page for users to upload videos. Display video upload requirements to users. Add a "File Upload" button so users can locate video on their computer, fill in required information and submit to upload to hosting server.
7) Videos should be in the format of FLV (flash video), MPEG-2, or MPEG-4 for best displaying results. All other video formats need to be converted before uploading.
9) Create content management system where pages can be added that include streaming videos as an alternative to developing a website from scratch.