This project was successfully completed by lllaatishlll for $2200 USD in 25 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 USD
Completed In25 days
This project requires a programmer with LAMP experience (required) who is familiar with basic forum conventions, or who has worked on forum applications (desired).
We are in need of a custom solution (or a customized version of an existing solution) that can apply a specific type of data display on top of conventional forum functionality.
Put in simpler terms, we need a modern forum architecture that will produce a menu with "open threading" like this:
[url removed, login to view]
Please note the display of the posts. Instead of a simple chronological list of posts under a topic, each post has a _parent_ which creates a hierarchy of posts under a topic. This allows forum users to respond to a specific reply. Indents are used to make it easier to read.
This "open threading" structure is _required_ and is not negotiable.
In addition, the forum should have the following functionality:
- Created in PHP and MySQL (required, don't even bother to ask if you can use something else)
- Accommodates multiple forums
- User registration and login system
- User profile screen linked from posts
- Private messaging system
- Photo uploading and embedding
- Modest text formating tools (bold, italic, size, color, smilies, embedded links)
- Moderation tools including: post deletion, user bans
- Users preference to determine how many days of posts to display on a menu
- Updated stylesheets and data display graphics
NOTE: the software currently running the forum linked above was written in perl in the mid-90's. It uses flat files for storage and has a hacked-together registration/login system. It may be possible to modify the existing code but trust me, it may also be much more difficult than starting over.
I made an arbitrary guess at a budget range. You let me know what it will cost.
I'm sure you will have questions, please let me know.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online