Website is http://www.postpoems.org.
It is built on Drupal 6.
It is currently free for anyone to use... I want to transition it to a paid/subscription site.
How it works:
Users sign up and can create a profile. They can then post poetry, short stories, prose, lyrics, etc. These posts appear in the user's portfolio. The user can also organize these posts into folders.
Other users can comment on any post, add other users as friends, follow other users, send private messages to users.
There are several views that function like (Facebook style) news feeds.
- A feed of the latest posts by users (all users or friend/follow only).
- A feed of the latest comments on posts (all users or friend/follow only).
- A feed of wall posts similar to status updates. These can be directed at specific users. Can filter by friend/follow or all users.
There is also a message board.
I highly recommend you create an account and thoroughly familiarize yourself with my site so you understand how it works and what will be necessary to make the changes.
Subscription Requirements... This is what needs to be done:
- All existing users have a 10 day grace period from the time the changes are made where they have full access to the site. This grace period should begin when the user next accesses the site after the changes are made.
- All new users get a free 10 day trial to use the full features of the site before they must subscribe.
- Viewing and Read only access to the site will always be free for anyone.
- I want the ability to set rates for the subscriptions, give free and discounted subscriptions, extend subscriptions, etc. on a per person basis.
- When a subscription expires, the user should still be able to login and access their content, but the content and their profile will not be published anywhere on the site.
- Subscriptions will be paid annually.
- Subscriptions will be paid via VISA, MC, PayPal, etc. to my PayPal account.
- I would like automatic subscription renewal if possible unless the user cancels. Also, possibly automated email reminders and pop-up reminders for the user on site about renewals.
Site Design Improvements
- I would like the site design and user experience improved. I am not an expert in this area, so I need someone with expertise in this area to who can understand the site and simplify user experience and design. Streamline the functionality and flow... create a new template possibly to make everything look consistent and easy to understand. The site should be very easy to use and self explanatory.
- I will take a snapshot of the current site and you will complete your work and changes on the development site. Then after I approve all changes and test everything, we will bring the site down at a designated planned time and you will make the changes on the production site. There needs to be a rollback plan and timeframe should things go wrong.
- CentOS Linux VM at Media Temple...
- I can provide SSH access, FTP access, MySQL access, etc. as needed.
- Drupal 6
- [url removed, login to view]
I want and expect suggestions and/or questions as needed to complete the project. I expect excellent and timely communication via email, IM, iMessage, Skype, phone as needed. Type of communication will be depending on the issue/discussion. Generally IM and email or Freelancer messaging will work.