Early Stage Web Application Start-Up Seeking Developer/Designer.
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 6
Who We Are:
We’re two individuals with a strong background in strategic consulting and management. We’ve consulted and implemented projects for companies from Fortune 100 firms to small (successful) startups. We have a myriad of connections to local Venture Capital firms, entrepreneurs, CEOs, and many other important individuals. We currently work for a top financial services firm while we focus the majority of our efforts on our startups.
What We’re Doing:
We’re currently setting the groundwork for an innovative vouchers website similar to [url removed, login to view] or vouchercloud.com. Our application tool will be the first of its kind in our country and we want to spread it across all others countries too.
Who You Are:
Above all, you need to be both a programmer and designer. We are not biased on location as we plan to work [url removed, login to view] are a startup and this is essential (and non-negotiable). You need to have an obsessive attention to detail and user experience. Ideally, your technical skills would be the following:
• Design expertise: Professional level skills in Adobe Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign, and Photoshop, with strong UI/Layout, mockup, branding, and print skills.
• Application programming Expertise: PHP, ColdFusion, AJAX, Web Services (RSS, REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc.). Advocate for the appropriate use of SAAS, design patterns, frameworks, SOA, ORM, and MVC.
• Database Expertise: MSSQL/MySQL – Relational database design and programming, stored procedures, triggers, reporting, and administration.
• Server Expertise: IIS, Apache, URL Rewrites, security, certificates, load balancing, etc.
While these are not absolutes, they should serve as a general basis in what we are looking for. Also, we’re looking for someone passionate about what we’re doing and one who believes in our venture.
Opportunity & Compensation:
We have done the heavy lifting in terms of the idea and how it will be implemented. Again the design which is in PSD form is already in place and we have also bought the coupon [url removed, login to view] we need now is a person who will convert the PSD to HTML and also add other features that we will need in future
That being said the following is available to the right candidate:
• 3-5% equity in the company (based on experience)
• Ground floor opportunity and voice in shaping the company – you will be the third employee and our link to the technological aspect of the business, your input will be valuable
• Build a team – we have plans to hire at a minimum 2 more engineers once funded with many more to follow and you will be hand selecting your team
Lastly, understand that we are a pair of intense and passionate [url removed, login to view] want to put together a string of best websites by putting a major effort into replicating those model in our less crowded, fast-growing markets in our region,similar to what [url removed, login to view] are doing in Germany. Some of them we have been told is “the best idea I’ve heard in longtime” by many people with the power to make it happen. However, for now we want to start with the voucher website first.
What to Do & Timeframe:
Send your details to my inbox,any links to projects you have done, and any relevant information. We are moving quickly on this and plan to add a competent candidate within one week (hopefully sooner). Be sure to let us know what your schedule is like, how much time you have to work on such a project (ideally you’re unemployed and a hungry entrepreneur at heart, but we don’t expect this) and why you are interested. If you don’t include these things we will assume you didn’t bother to digest what we have to offer and are not taking it seriously.
We look forward to your submissions!Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online