Equipment tracking Database system
This project received 35 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1350 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We are a smaller team in a large company and we do Proof of Concept (POC) evaluations of our technology – in this process we loan hardware units to prospective customers and when the trial is finished we pull them back into a central storage location.
We are looking for someone to build us a small ‘system’ which we can use to track and manage our hardware and possible also report/manage on the POC’s aswell.
Our primary challenge is management hardware units – which we currently do pretty effectively in an excel spreadsheet however as this is not online and not multi access what we really need is a small database. We would like to be able to access this DB from anywhere, multi users on any device. We’ve looked at Podio though the DB facilities seem quite simple – they are close to what we need but not quite enough.
We are open to ideas on how to best do this. We’re thinking it would be best to take an off the shelf framework and modify that to suit our needs(you do this of course). We will provide hardware/software/hosting space etc – what is needed from you is the knowledge of knowing what will do this well, then actually building it – which of course is what were paying you for.
Basically there would be to DB’s with associated linking between them..
A : Loan equipment Inventory
B : Proof of concepts
Ideally we would be able to do things like;
1. Simply see what inventory(units) we have in our store, and their status(serviceable, type, etc).
2. Allocate units against a given POC (so link their availability to a date/time point) – such that a team member can look at a given period of time and know if there will be hardware available for their POC.
3. The system would automatically generate work items(send an email) to remind logistics staff to send or retrieve given units which are being used for POC’s.
4. Each inventory Unit would effectively need to have its own calendar so at any point we could see where it is, and where it is scheduled to go.
The goal is to make something functional and not too complex plus being pretty simple to use and intuitive.
Open to ideas on how best this could be achieved and looking for also proven track record/experience in similar projects.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online