Excel Database-to-WordPress Software
This project was awarded to Linkbuild for $125 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
We are a travel-focused Internet start-up company that's excited to showcase the best the world's great cities have to offer.
We are seeking a talented professional with knowledge of WordPress and MySQL to help us create an easy way to transfer data from our Excel database to thousands of individual WordPress blog posts (ideally via a plugin).
- Existing (and free) Excel-to-Wordpress plugins often put an entire table of data on a single page. We need more precision - Each line of our database has information about 1 restaurant, hotel or attraction (for example: Restaurant Name, Hours of Operation, Neighborhood, etc.). We need to insert just one line of data (with the corresponding column header titles) to each post.
- It is very important that the data appears in an attractive, organized and customizable way (colors, fonts, formatting, etc.) on our individual WordPress blog posts.
- We have 6 tables of listings data (for example: "Restaurants," "Hotels," etc. Each table has slightly different column headers (for example, the "Hotels" table has columns like "Check-In Time." That column does not appear in the "Restaurants" table).
- In addition to the text information in the Excel database, each listing will include photos (a single photo or multiple shots in a "slider-style" presentation), video, a map and other information.
- When we edit or delete existing listings or create new ones from the Excel document (or online database), these changes should automatically appear on the website's posts.
In addition to this project, we have posted another project to create a Search widget on the site (Project #1187269). [url removed, login to view]
We understand it might make sense for one vendor to perform BOTH projects.
Please let us know if you are bidding on these projects together.
- You must quote on this project specifically. We will not accept generic packages or quotes.
- Please include a link to your online portfolio.
- This project must be completed by September 23, 2011.
I will be your point of contact through the process. I have extensive experience working with designers on print, online and film projects. I respect (and enjoy) the collaborate artistic process. You can expect quick response times and clear and consistent feedback from me.
We are currently developing our corporate brand - logo and identity suite, WordPress website look and feel, dynamic videos, compelling off-line print materials and smartphone/tablet apps. Ideally, we will work well together and this project will be the first of many that are waiting in our queue to be completed.
If you or your firm is interested in working with us on this project, please put the word 'Seoul' in your reply.
We look forward to working with you. Thank you for bidding.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online