Please review [url removed, login to view]
I need an expert developer with specialised Joomla templates skills to make some customisations and fix some issues.
Firstly i would like a backup file of the current website. Then...
1. Change the [url removed, login to view] file to .htaccess in the file manager and turn on SEF Apache mod-write so that my pages have shortened URL's
2. Fix an issue with my super fish module as it is not changing when the mouse hovers over the menu title. (this was working yesterday but something has happened and this is not working anymore.
3. Add a "register to receive newsletter" form - Develop a customised login form (including name, company, email address, phone number and then a list of interests which can be checkboxes and link it to a database so that i can capture information for people interested to receive a newsletter. The database will then let me sort by interest.
The login form will need to be on an independent page and then i would like some text and a button placed on the home page in the greg panel above the "industry articles" section to click to it.
4. i would like to add custom designed social media buttons for Facebook, Twitter, and Google +1 as i don't like the standard buttons the appear if you copy and paste the code directly from the sites. I want these 3 buttons to appear in the great panel above the "Twitter Updates" section. then i need someone to link these with my social media accounts.
5. Fix any deadlinks and add page specific meta tags to improve search engine optimisation.
You will need to make sure the format and alignment of the site is not changed and the website will continue to be displayed well on all browsers (including explorer 8 and safari) This is extremely important.
Please only contact me if you are an experienced Joomla Template web developer! I would like to see examples (before and after) of other Joomla templates you have customised too.
There is more work required after this project and i'm developing more websites i will need your help with if you are good.
Update: Please note.
Point 1. please be aware that i have tried to save the file to .htaccess in the file manager but even then when i have both apache mod_rewrite and add suffix to URL's checked the error 404 messages come up. I have researched online and tried many things but have still not managed to get it to work with the shortened URL's (for example www.magazinesaustralia.com.au/company instead of www.magazinesaustralia.com.au/index.php/company)
Point 2. Has been fixed and is not required anymore.
Point 3. I already have a database linked to the website however i just need a custom form adding the functionality to add checkboxes for the links which appear at the bottom of my home page.. see www.magazinesaustralia.com.au
The form can be created as a module (or edit an existing Joomla extension module) so that it can be loaded into a standard page (as per my pages 'company' 'magazines' 'resources' and 'contact')
Point 4 you are able to use a Joomla extension which should be daily straight forward to implement.
I have changed the requirements of this project...
Please review www.magazinesaustralia.com.au
I have changed the scope of the project ..can you please send me a revised bid for the following...
1. Create a full backup of my site
2. Help fix any errors i have on the site (apparently there is some code my template is using that is creating issues)
3. Clean up the page URL's - I have contacted Jumba and they have advised that Mod-Rewrite is turned on by default so it must be something with the backend that i'm not doing correctly. (- In terms of the URLs i'm looking to shorten them and clean them up - for example instead of magazinesaustralia.com.au/index.php/company.html i would like magazinesaustralia/company)
4. Help me with keywords and Titles (including renaming image files, meta tags, site map code etc)
- Will you help me by researching what the best keywords are? ... i need your guidance on how best to do this from a google seo perspective (i need to keep them short don't i?)...heres a list i put together...
magazines, magazine australia, magazines australia, business advertising, advertising planning, small business advertising, ad planning, advertising buying, cheap advertising, media buying, media planning, media planning and buying, media buyer, print advertisements, magazine advertisements, media companies, magazine publishers, media services, media agency, advertising agencies, advertising company, advertising companies, advertising agency, what magazine, for magazines, which magazine, online magazine, advertising magazine, magazine subscription, adverts, magazine ads, news magazines, marketing agency, magazine, advertising, media, media buying, magazine advertising, magazine ads, cap magazines, cap, pacific magazines, fairfax, news limited, media buying, media planning, magazine rates, list of magazines, local magazines, magazines, magazines australia, magazine publishers, media agencies, media agency, magazine agency, magazine agencies, media buying, account management, sports magazines, celebrity magazines, industry magazines, womens magazines, mens magazines, kids magazines, motoring magazines, magazine rates, media kits, magazine media kit, magazine media buying, magazine ad, full page, half page, print media, print advertising, print, schedule, magazine campaign, magazine schedule, advertising rates, advertising agency
5. Extend the large bottom panel so that i can fit an additional 3 magazine categories per column (i need to have 20 links in total)
6. With the additional space now beneath the twitter widget can you put links to a) Follow us on Twitter b) Like us on Facebook c) Recommend us on Google +1 - some buttons and text that look good with the style of my site.
7. Add a basic 'contact us' form: into the contact us page beneath the image. The problem i had with this is that when a message 'message has been sent ' is displayed it is red in an odd spot on the page. I would simply like this to appear beneath the form in a standard font the notifies that the "Your message has been sent - Thank you. We will contact you as soon as possible." Or something along those lines. - Same goes for any error message.
Please have a look at www.billboardsaustralia.com.au/about-us/contact for an example of the fields i would like to have in my form. Will this then link to my email and just list this information out in the email ? or does a form like this then have to have a database to make it work?
... can this send directly to email? . ?
As a first stage i really just need all of the information captured within the fields to go straight into the body of an email which is then sent to my sales email address (with 'subject' appearing in the subject field of the email). It would be great if all of the fields are mandatory too. If theres a module that allows for "captcha" or similar then i'm thinking i should add this so that i don't get spammed.
Please make a bid for review..
24 freelancers are bidding on average $231 for this job
Consider it Done..... Right developer at your door...HIRE WITH CONFIDENCE...Hope to achieve next positive feedback from you !!! Please check you inbox. "Always willing to walk extra miles to achieve Excellence"
Dear Sir/Madam, Our core expertise is in Joomla and we do have experience in Joomla Template customization, kindly review Private Message Board for details. Thanks & Regards, Norlink