Full-time Web Master & Graphic Designer
Position Overview & Requirments
• 40 hours per week primarly worked Monday – Friday
• I am willing to pay around $400 USD per week
• Available Monday-Friday 3-4 hours per day during business hours GMT -7 on Instant Messaging Client, Skype, or Phone
• EXCELLENT COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
• Proficient in written and spoken English
• Must be available daily, responsive, and quick learner and worker
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Must have Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• A daily time and task log must be submitted everyday
• At the start of the week I will place the weekly salary in escrow, and it will be released once 40 hours has been completed
Who you will be working with
I am the owner of a Canadian based Internet consulting firm that is partnered with a fast growing e-commerce company. My firm is responsible for five e-commerce sites, with three under development. All the sites are built in PHP and run on the LAMP platform with cPanel/WHM. I am currently converting the sites to the X-Cart platform.
I have used numerous outsourcing sites for a number of smaller projects, but now I am looking for someone full-time to help me grow my company. We will be working very closely together.
Typical job functions
• Website updates - involves adding new products, updating text and graphics.
• Ebay Auction updates - updating text and graphics as well as uploading
• Converting existing PHP sites to an e-commerce platform such as X-Cart (graphics, templates, and some PHP)
• Product additions and site updates on the X-Cart platform
• Some Photo processing and editing: cropping, color/brightness correction, isolations w/ the pen tool, selection, resizing (experience with image ready or other software capable of batch processing)
Primary Skills Required
• Strong Design skills with Photoshop – for the most part you will be working from existing PSDs and designs to create the required graphics. Maintaining the same professional look and feel is extremely important. Ability to create original site designs would also be a big asset.
• HTML/CSS Coding
• Intermediate PHP/MySQL
• Experience with X-CART, osCommerce, or similar shopping cart systems & templates
• Graphics optimizations (slicing, miniziming file size)
Not required, but would definetly an asset
• Basic administration under cPanel (setting up databases, adding domains, email account, ftp etcs)
• Basic copywriting
• Illustrator experience for print advertisements
• Experience generating PDFs
This position is an excellent opportunity for a free lancer looking for stability. The right candidate will have plenty of room for growth in terms of pay and their career. Pay increases will come depending on how well you do your job, and help my company complete the vital work that is required.
Please bid with your desired WEEKLY RATE, and send a PM with the following:
• Graphic design portfolio or examples
• Links to sites worked on, samples of work
• Your experience with HTML/CSS
• Your experience with PHP/MySQL
• Your experience with templates and systems like osCommerce/Xcart/etc
• Brief description of your work/contracting experience and education
• List of software and technologies that you are proficient in
• Any additional skills that would be useful to my firm and the e-commerce sites
I will contact the top candidates by PM for additional information and small tests to demonstrate capability. I look forward to reading your PMs!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the time frame
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work