We are looking for a web based real time vehicle tracking software system to be used with all
popular GPS/GSM/GPRS based tracking devices. We intend to provide GPS Tracking/ fleet
management service to our customers.
The software should have two integrated modules as described below;
1. Server software which runs on Windows 2003/ Windows 2008 server as a service to
communicate with the tracking devices. The sever (communication) software will listen on
TCP/IP ports, collect the data from tracking devices and store it on the MS SQL database. It
must accept multiple connections at the same time.
2. Database driven, web based front end with user management system, hardware
management system (to add and manage the tracking devices) and an interface to show the
data on map software. System should allow users to login and view their account with a log
in ID and password. Their tracking results (location/path of vehicle) will then be displayed on
mapping software such as Google map or multi map etc. accompanied by multiple reports.
1. Users could use system to track their vehicle/s on maps with status information updated in
real time in a standard web browser. Historical information could also be readily available in
the user interface and reports could be created for further analysis.
2. Unlimited vehicles to be tracked
3. It support IE, Firefox and Safari
Alerts (SMS, Email , Dashboard)
1. Should be able to send SMS alert when the vehicle move out of geofencing area
2. Generate alerts when vehicle passing through special zones (eg. Toll gates)
3. Should be able to send location details through SMS, based on request by user through SMS
(SMS Service from SMS Platform providers will be used. User will send SMS request to a
short code provided by the platform provider and their api will fetch the info from the
Tracking Software and send back response (eg: current location of the vehicle) to the user)
4. Should be able to send SMS alert when the vehicle moves after a pre determined time. Ex: If
the vehicle moves after 10pm, user (driver) should get an SMS alert. Facility required to set
multiple entry for a day and in advance, a kind of scheduling, vehicle by vehicle.
5. User could receive notifications over SMS and email for events that require their attention,
such as SOS, vehicle theft, high temperature, speeding, excessive idling, off hours vehicle
usage and geofence violations, though SMS Platform providers (eg; [url removed, login to view])
6. Alert on Data Communication error from GPS devises (to the Supervisor Dashboard and
7. Facility to send SMS to all users notifying the maintenance down time of the system etc
User Login features
1. User id, password, forgot password options
2. Require customers to agree to own custom license agreement before they can use the
User Management & Administration
The Administrator has the following functions.
1. User Add/Edit/Delete/Enable/Disable a new user account
2. Device Add/Edit/Delete/Disable a new device
3. Facility required to group multiple vehicle to one user account
4. System should have multiple supervisory accounts other than the main administrator accounts
5. Facility required to group multiple vehicles and OR user to supervisory accounts
6. Accounts can be created in "groups". Members of a group can only see tracks that belong to
their group. For example, there can be several separate companies, each company can have any
number of accounts. It will appear as a private server to each company, but they are really all
using the same server.
7. Individuals users will have a personal account to view only their own vehicle(s)
8. Only the administrator can view the full fleet
9. Addition of new vehicle and deletion by administrator/supervisor only
10. Audit trial required for all user accounts
Please note that you should only bid if you have past experience in Web based GPS tracking