Image Gallery with Shopping Cart and Admin Panel

This project was awarded to w3esolutions for $750 USD.

Get free quotes for a project like this
Employer working
Awarded to:
Project Budget
$250 - $750 USD
Total Bids
Project Description

My name is Coleton Pierson. I'm a college student that is looking for someone to do a project for me. I work on the side as a photographer to try to pay off a little bit of my college expenses. I am in need of a image gallery with a shopping cart. I am a freshman computer science major so I know a little about programming in general but nothing about PHP/MySQL so I will explain in as much detail as I can. I tried having this project done before once on here but the guy was very shady and tried to get me to go around the site and pay him. As a note: All progress and payment will go through [url removed, login to view], don't ask otherwise.

Here are some qualifications I would appreciate the freelancer(s) to have:
- Speaks English fluently
- Very good understanding of PHP/MySQL/Security
- Clean front-end designer, nothing too cluttered
- Preferably some sort of audio/video contact such as Skype in case of any misunderstandings about the specifications.

Here are the details of the project:

[ Code ]
- I would prefer the code to be commented. Just for future use and to make it a little easier on me.

[ Installation ]
- Simple install script for configuring the database, admin user, and creating all the tables inside of an empty database.

[ Image Gallery ]
- Fluid and Customize-able
- Easy integration into any existing website
- Main gallery page will sort galleries based on most recent.
- Password protected areas for certain galleries, defined by an admin.
- Public galleries where all images are freely available for download.
- Integrated support for purchasing through shopping cart.
- Watermarks on all non-public photographs.
- Ability to purchase all pictures in a gallery on certain galleries I choose (ability to download all pictures in a public gallery)
- Ability to search through image/gallery tags.

[ Shopping Cart ]
- Support for prints and digital downloads
- Log-in area for clients, for summary of purchased photo history and available downloads.
- Client accounts have basic details such as shipping address and name.
- Payment processing through Google Checkout or Paypal.

[ Admin Panel ]
- Import a gallery from a file
- Client Past, Pending, and Completed Orders
- Revenue Graphs (months and year): Profit, Costs, etc.
- Pricing and Size Module
- Tagging System
- Multiple Admins/Photographers
- User Management
- Ability for photographer/admin to upload an edited picture to users account (for photo retouching).

I am attaching a text file with some more details since this website limits the length of the project description. Most of the features are common features in any image gallery. If you are unsure on how to complete something, I more than likely have an open source project that has the feature in it that I can refer you to.

Payment and process details: I have been thinking on how to disperse the milestones. Please get a hold of me after you bid to talk about the project. I would like to make sure you completely understand the requirements before you start. I will do some web application vulnerability checking on it once the majority of it is done. The final 10% will be held back until all bugs/vulnerabilities are sorted out (which hopefully shouldn't take long). The remaining 90% can be negotiated on how it is dispersed (such as 30% for front-end completion and 60% for back-end completion) etc. Do not bid much over the $750 marker, as I just do not have the funds available. If you complete the project successfully then you will more than likely be my choice on any other projects and additional features.

Here are some examples of pre-existing photography web stores:
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]

This project will be replacing this page on my website (which as you can tell looks like complete and utter crap) - [url removed, login to view]

Looking to make some money?

  • Set your budget and the timeframe
  • Outline your proposal
  • Get paid for your work

Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project

    • Forbes
    • The New York Times
    • Time
    • Wall Street Journal
    • Times Online