I am in the process of setting up a product comparison website and have broken the development requirements down into 3 different stages, the first of these stages is to setup Jreviews and Integration with other components.
Below is an overview of the work I would like to be quoted for:
1. Integrating Joomla 1.7 > Jomsocial > Jreviews with current best practice or developer recommended settings.
2. Jomsocial as the user management / registration component > with 3 different user types and each with different registration data collection requirements and profile layout.
3. Jreviews as the product catalogue for home loans and mutual funds products, each product will have upto 30 custom fields to handle the specific product data.
4. Jreviews as a News section with upto 15 categories/sub categories.
5. Jreviews as a blog section for users to post articles with the same 15 categories/sub categories as point 4 above.
6. Jreviews as a user forum/Q&A section with the same 15 categories/sub categories as point 4 above.
7. Some template adjustments to get the right color and presentation adjustments of the category/list/detail views - I am looking to use Gavick The World News 2 template - thou I am happy for other suggestions.
8. All should be done with minimal or no hack, I am happy to pay for additional add-ons for required functions.
9. All the above sections should interact with each other, e.g. if a custom is reading about home loans, the related product list should show home loans and related discussions should show home loans related discussions, so on and so on.
10. As part of your quote, please demonstrate that you understand the purpose of this website and your ability to contribute to the functionality and user interface of this site.
Please quote for the above requirements, all questions are welcome.
The next 2 stages will need custom plugins developments or customisations, this is a shortlist of what is in the future plan:
Charting, calculators, form pre-filling, customer ability to save personal budget and products purchased, custom SQLs for daily product data updates, etc, etc....the list is quiet big.
Thanks and look forward to get your feedback.