Mambo portal page with phpbb gay forum
- Status Closed
- Budget $300 - $1500 USD
- Total Bids 20
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT
I want a front page portal for my gay discussion forum website, [url removed, login to view]
This work involves designing a Mambo portal page, linking it with a phpbb2 forum, and adding Mambo modules for live chat and a shopping cart.
Forum - Uses phpBB2 with Strangeworld template
Portal – To use Mambo
Store – To use mambo-phpshop module
Chat – To use mambo module
The forum is running on phpbb2, with Mike Lothar’s “Strange World” template. The portal page design must be graphically consistent with the very clean and simple look of my current site. The clean simple look is very important to me. Something like this layout might work if tweaked: [url removed, login to view] (No flash animation, however!)
Mambo is installed and working in a sub-directory of my site. I will provide administrative access to Mambo, phpbb, and associated databases.
The Mambo portal page must integrate with the phpbb2 forum board. In other words, no separate log-ons. (Possibly there is no need to have a mambo log on at all given the simplicity of what I want to do.)
(I’m also open to the possibility of converting the existing forum to run entirely on Mambo, so long as the graphical simplicity is substantially preserved.)
Finally, the existing forum should remain functional while you’re building the mambo portal.
CONTENT OF PORTAL PAGE
The content of the portal page is as follows. I will supply a comprehensive file of actual content before you start.
1) a prominent button or log in area that says something to the effect of “ENTER GUYTRAP” Possibly this could just be in a menu button. Clicking around on the word “guytrap” or photos in the title bar should send people there, too.
2) a box with five phrases that link to various forum discussions, such as:
Welcome to GuyTrap!
Pick Up Guide
3) A menu item leading to a store. The store should be set up using the mambo-phpShop module (also called, I believe, VirtueMart). The store at first will simply sell books from Amazon as an affiliate, but I will be adding other items soon.
4) The current GuyTrap contest. This will be the first post in the current contest forum discussion, with a link at the bottom that leads to the appropriate forum page.
5) The current most popular thread. This will be the first post in the forum discussion, with a link at the bottom that leads to the appropriate forum page.
6) An area with the “featured news story.” This will be some text, possibly with a photo, of gay interest, possibly continued to another page. A link should lead to a discussion of the news item.
7) A menu item connecting to a live chat module. The chat module should be chosen from available mambo modules.
8) A menu item connecting to a news page. The news page should be connected to an RSS feed giving gay news, such as (your choice) [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view]
9) “Invite a friend!” – a box where viewers can type in their email and the email of a friend they’d like to invite, which would then send the friend an automated email invitation.
10) “Join us now!” Log in box. This should log in old members of phpbb and register new members.
11) “Free newsletter!” This really just links to a duplicate of the log in box. (All members get the newsletter)
12) Space for google ads
13) On any page created by Mambo, there should be a link back to enter the main phpbb2 discussion board
All of the above concerns the portal.
In the actually phpbb forum, I will add a link that can send members either back to the portal page and another link to the chat room.
There are also two small phpbb forum issues I’d like solved:
1) When someone receives a private message, the button to reply to the message doesn’t function properly. (In phpbb sub silver template, I believe this is accomplished with a “quote” button.) Something’s probably pointed the wrong way in the template.
2) For some reason, users have to log in two times before they are actually logged in.
Communication is important and I wish to be informed of progress and decisions every step of the way.
The website must be fully compatible with all major internet browsers including Microsoft Explorer, Netscape, Opera, and Firefox.
The source code for the website will become my property and all components must be maintainable by me.
I will need to see examples of your work using the above software. Website should be completed in 30 days with 2 weeks of testing to follow.
I will need to be able to make administrative changes to the links etc in the future.
You will be paid through the escrow account. We will provide a 25% deposit for the chosen bidder to start the work. The remaining 75% will be deposited to the escrow account after reviewing the initial functioning portal. The escrow account will be released after 2 weeks of testing and after any and all bugs have been eliminated.
This design will become our property once you have received the final payment.
You may place a small (10 point) link on the portal page crediting your design. You may also reference the site in your own marketing efforts as being designed by you and may use us as a reference if needed.
Contact me with your additional questions and I will be happy to answer them. Thanks.
Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online