Move phpbb forum to PostNuke
This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1175 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT
I want to move my gay discussion forum website, [url removed, login to view], which is currently phpbb2, to a PostNuke content management environment.
This work involves migrating the current forum to PostNuke with the SilverSide theme. (Here is a sample of the basic PostNuke with theme that I want to use as a starting point: [url removed, login to view])
I will install PostNuke with the theme. Your job is to migrate the site as follows:
1) Add appropriate forum module to PostNuke and migrate the data in the current forum without disrupting current forum.
2) Add menu item connecting to a live chat module.
3) Would like to latest topics or hot topics to appear on portal page. Tell me how this can happen.
4) A news area connected to an RSS feed giving gay news, such as [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view]
Possibly a part of a news article will be on portal page and link to discussion? Tell me how this can happen.
5) The store button will simply link to my [url removed, login to view] store URL
6) The photo area on the PostNuke Silverside theme should better approximate the size and shape of the photo on the [url removed, login to view] website. You will notice on the guytrap site that the photo rotates at random as you click around; I'd like the same thing to happen on the PostNuke site
7) The general layout of the PostNuke SilverSide theme is fine but I'd like to tinker with the colors.
8) I'll supply appropriate language for FAQs etc.
9) Want to create a special topic of the forum accessible only to those who have posted 10 or more postings.
10) Want a "tell-a-friend" link or popup that enables current users to refer their friends
11) Want a newsletter module/sign-up or pop up hooked to the PostNuke mailing list
12) A link to the current GuyTrap contest. This will be the first post in the current contest forum discussion.
13) Space for google ads
14) When everything is working, make a seamless switch from the current forum to the new PostNuke forum
Communication is important and I wish to be informed of progress and decisions every step of the way.
The website must be fully compatible with all major internet browsers including Microsoft Explorer, Netscape, Opera, and Firefox.
The source code for the website will become my property and all components must be maintainable by me.
I will need to see examples of your work using the above software. Website should be completed in 30 days with 2 weeks of testing to follow.
I will need to be able to make administrative changes to the links etc in the future.
You will be paid through the escrow account. We will provide a 25% deposit for the chosen bidder to start the work. The remaining 75% will be deposited to the escrow account after reviewing the initial functioning portal. The escrow account will be released after 2 weeks of testing and after any and all bugs have been eliminated.
This design will become our property once you have received the final payment.
You may place a small (10 point) link on the portal page crediting your design. You may also reference the site in your own marketing efforts as being designed by you and may use us as a reference if needed.
Contact me with your additional questions and I will be happy to answer them. Thanks.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online