340781 U Do News - News Sharing Site
This project was awarded to secom for $980 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I am a serious businessman (just Google my name – Darrel Rundus) and building up my company for the past 20-years, I recently sold it ([url removed, login to view]) and have decided to start a new business called U Do News, Inc ([url removed, login to view]). My previous company was the largest circulation sales and marketing firm in America and did 200,000 individual sales a year. I think this new company (in a few years) will end up being much bigger than my first and get there much faster. U Do News is a Video/Audio/Blog sharing site that is going to be the biggest, independent news site on the internet. That's why I need your help!
We have recently scraped our Clip Share video sharing software (it really stinks) and replaced it with PHP Motion, Version 3 ([url removed, login to view]). PHP Motion offers Audio, Photo and Blog uploads and features in addition to many other features Clip Share didn't offer. This format is perfect for a news and information sharing site. We have also purchased a template called ProMotion: [url removed, login to view] and installed it: [url removed, login to view]
We have a great web developer who has already done some work on the site but he is moving away to California. He is also somewhat limited on his programming abilities. So, I need to find an honest, reliable, and responsible programmer/web developer (or firm) who is familiar with PHP Motion and their video sharing site scripts, to make some minor fixes, updates and modifications. If the person (or company) I select does a great job with these first few items, we will continue to use them on a regular basis and become a long time client of yours. Perhaps if thing really go good, we will even develop a paid retainer relationship for you to handle all service and support for the site.
While new items seem to pop up daily, currently, we need help with the following:
• I need to find someone who can figure out why the related videos search engine does not work. When I click on the link, no videos show up. This is very important and must work.
• Several title text changes to various categories (see attached screen prints at ([url removed, login to view]).
• Develop a load balancing plugin between our two dedicated, 1 and 1, Linux based servers. We also need it to automatically back up all the data every 2-3 hours on our 1 and 1 virtual server and/or our A3 Amazon server.
• Pre-roll and text ads solution: We just signed up for and installed this ad solution: [url removed, login to view] It's not very user friendly and I find it difficult to add the ads. They charge a fee each year to use their player and ad solution… I was thinking about using this instead but I am open for any professional suggestions on players and ad solutions: [url removed, login to view]
• Because of our business model and the fact we will be paying out a portion of our ad revenue to the reporters based on total views of their Audio/Video and Blogs, we need to install the Google analytics to tract all video views and generate reports that will help us determine how much of the money each reporter should get.
• Add graphic “Click” ads – I need to know how to do this from our admin control panel (our web designer may get this done before he leaves).
• When uploading videos, the progress bar does not show up in Safari or Google Chrome browsers.
• Add text reminders on content and file size on the uploading page (see screen prints).
• Because this is going to be a news site for independent journalists, I need to be able to have 3-separate member types. One that is a normal member who cannot upload any media but can comment on videos, stories, and add people to their group, their favorites, etc. the second would be the Reporters. They can have all normal functions. Lastly, the moderators who can add, delete or modify the media items as needed. We currently have the last one but need a way to separate the members from the Reporters (check out the site to get a better understanding).
• Change the names and add categories for the Audio and Blog menus and option to match the video channels/categories. It would be could if this could be done at anytime in the admin panel of the site just like the video options.
• There's no member name when clicking on members, just the avatars (see screen prints).
• Fix the e-mail sending options (see screen prints).
• Audio player does not pause when clicking on the screen like a video does. It also does not run the ads.
• Related and member audios do not appear
• Graphics for Audio Album covers do not appear
• Some member viewing areas get bumped down: (see screen prints). It's fixed when resetting the custom options.
• Customization of member profile doesn't work properly: (see screen prints).
• Change Newbie levels (see screen prints).
• Nothing on video text response page (see screen prints).
• When creating a blog from the blog page, it does not show up… (see screen prints). It also has a blank page after adding the blog… this did not happen until after promotion was installed.
• When clicking on the link “Picture” from the media admin panel you get a page can be found and the url is: [url removed, login to view] It should be this: [url removed, login to view]
• Blog limit corrections: [url removed, login to view],[url removed, login to view]
• Description is not showing up in promoted videos: [url removed, login to view]
• At the bottom of the page, the RSS Feeds not working: [url removed, login to view] :Perhaps the best solution is to use the plug we already have and set up the bottom link to open the one that works under the user's profile.
• When clicking on the “See More” link in the admin page I get this message: [url removed, login to view]
• Add the button “News Type” on the main toolbar at the top of the website
• Add a new registration page that accommodates members.
The best or worst part (depending how you look at it) is I will be going on a worldwide radio show this Wednesday. The site is stable but there are a few things I need to get done right away (backup server, load balancing and search for videos working correctly). The rest can be done in a timely manner.
If you have the following, please bid on this job:
• At least a 9 rating or higher and no less than 25 total reviews.
• Experience with Lenux servers, PHP, Ajax, MySqual
• Experience with video sharing site (especially PHP Motion software).
• The ability to meet or exceed all expectations.
• A warranty or guarantee of your service and support for the services you provide us.
• Experience in tying servers together and automatically backing up the data.
• The desire to work with a new start up company and reap the rewards when it takes off.
• Desire to maintain a good, long-term and mutually beneficial relationship.
• The ability to get started ASAP.
If you already bid on this project under U Do News, please bid again. I had my account suspended because I used the wrong symbol on accident. I submitted a ticket but no one has gotten back to me so I decided to create a new account and post this again.
As far as the price for all this goes, I will let you, the experts decide what it should cost. Let the Bids Begin!
U Do News, CEO
AKA - The People's Press
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online