Online staff/project management website
This project received 53 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $7119 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1000 - $10000 USD
We require a website with somewhat similar functionality to well-known freelancing sites (such as the one you are currently on) but which will be targeted at a niche audience and have a few clever and important twists on the theme.
Basic functionality must include:
- Signing up and creating your profile (including editing details, noting availability etc.)
- Posting new projects (and suggesting suitable people)
- Hiring mechanism, PMB, milestone setup.
- Finding/browsing people (by category or by ability)
- Browsing listed projects (by category, ability or location)
- Project dashboard (projects you are hiring for, project you are hired for, other management etc.)
- Integrated blog (can be off-the-shelf)
- Placeholders for help, dispute resolution and other non-core functionality
- An administration backend to manage all major aspects of site, including users, projects, categories, locations etc.
There is nothing new or unique about most of the above functionality, and it should be able to be readily interpreted from what has worked for a long time in such spheres. The above general brief should, in my opinion, be sufficient for the initial bid process. The successful bidder will be provided with a fuller, more exacting brief of the required functionality of the site, including key differences between this and other sites.
- Requires a general, clean and attractive design template, SEO friendly and standards compliant
- Code should be based on a standard framework to maximise development speed and minimise code rewrite (open to suggestions)
- Code should be properly formatted and commented to maximise future reuse potential
- Adequate security should be be built in from the beginning.
This site is intended as a "proof of concept", functional demo, with the complete site to be created in the following months after extensive user testing. It would of course be hoped that the initial successful bidder will be retained for future works as well.
We will require regular feedback and contact with the successful party. You should be prepared to constantly communicate with us and expect many tweaks and changes along the journey. You will also be required to sign an NDA prior to commencing any works proper and being provided with the full brief.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online