Online video-based learning platform
- Status Closed
- Budget min $5000 USD
- Total Bids 36
This project is for a small business that offers online video courses to paying customers. We are looking to upgrade/revamp the entire system from the ground up.
Currently, users log in and click on courses sorted by topic. They can then click on the chapter they'd like to start with and begin watching the video. This largely covers the extent of the existing end-user functionality.
We would like to re-design the system in several ways, implementing many features of other excellent learning platforms such as Khan Academy ([url removed, login to view]). Key elements include:
1. More social network-oriented user profiles (profile pictures, contact info, file upload, social network integration, etc.)
2. More streamlined course management (videos progress along a "track", with very easy previous/next navigation)
3. Q&A/help section for each video (view, ask, and answer questions directly underneath a video that's playing)
4. Technical updates (modern HTML5 player integration, reliable DRM-supported video delivery)
*Note that point 4 above is not expected to be developed from scratch--instead, we would like a professional recommendation regarding the best solution (e.g., play videos through JW Player, host them on Amazon Web Services/deliver them via ...)
A dedicated backend is also necessary so administrators can easily:
- manage all users (add users by batch/CSV, sort users by join date, add/remove video course access, view usage logs, email/message users)
- manage actual videos (manage courses, packages, "tracks")
Note that our current video backend system is also integrated with the actual order/e-commerce process, so when a visitor places an order on our website for a specific course, she receives an email with her login info and can begin viewing courses immediately. All incoming orders are tracked/recorded by this same backend. Ideally this e-commerce integration would be retained in the new revamped system, though this may be discussed further.
Our ideal candidate is a firm/team with substantial experience building similar platforms who communicates well and can share a clear vision of what we're looking for. We are looking specifically for a team who knows the industry and is willing to help build a vital part of a business that extends beyond the lifetime of this project. We are not seeking someone who can only offer proficient coding skills.
An added bonus would be if you are open to working on smaller, related projects in the near-term as well.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online