PHP CMS update and template integration
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 1
have a custom PHP CMS (developed by us) that actually has been written to support only one database backend (PostgreSQL) and the graphic/html layout has been hardcoded into it.
Since we have no time at the moment to work in this project, I need someone who is able to:
- convert the PHP code to fully support a database abstraction layer like PEAR DB or PEAR MDB so we would be able to move database from PostgreSQL to MySQL, Oracle or other dabatase backends in future without changing PHP scripts;
- integrate a new website template (it's provided by us in PSD, HTML, you don't have to design any graphics) using a template engine (i.e. PHP Smarty) to separate application code from graphic layout;
- add localization support to PHP scripts and multilingual capabilities to the CMS (basically, add support to enter contents in more than one language and have it displayed on the website according to user settings)
- last but not least, check the overall website security and apply any useful patch to code to prevent any abuse
This CMS is really simple and is only few hundred lines of code so it should be easy for you to apply requested modification in reasonable time. We will provide all PHP scripts and database schemas. The development server will be also provided by us (you'll get a FTP account and a URL to test your work; database administration could be performed online through phpPgAdmin or similar tools).
We will fully support you during the execution of this job.
Since this is a custom PHP application (not open-source) we require you to sign a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before starting the work.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online