PHP and MYSQL
This project received 16 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $565 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
PHP MYSQL Expert
We are looking for a PHP and MYSQL expert that can create a customer and order management system for us. We currently have a program that is used internally here in our office on a local machine that gives us the ability to look up orders and then email these orders to different vendors that drop ship the products we sell. The current program we have is written in PHP and is only used via our local network. This program reads the data stored on our mysql database and then writes it to our local mysql database so we can edit, add notes and forward order details to our drop ship vendors. We would like to move this program to a web based application to allow us and our customers to be able to look up certain details of their order as long as they have an internet connection. We would also like to add some more enhancements to our existing program so it can perform more efficiently. Below is a list of the key features we are looking for. We are not limited to what is listed and may add or delete some of the features listed.
Here are some of the details we are looking for that “we” will use. I will also list some of the functions that should be available to the “customer” and our “vendors” at the bottom.
1. Customer look-up using multiple variables; Ship to Last Name, Ship to First Name, Bill to Last, Bill to First, Order Number, Phone Number, Order Date, Order date look-up of all orders between certain dates, Order look-up of completed orders, Order look-up of open orders.
2. Send orders to various vendors that will be drop shipping for us. We need to be able to have all the fields of the order details editable. This way we can add or delete information as needed. Also need to be able to check and un-check each line item of the order that will be sent to a particular vendor. This is because someone may order several items that might be shipping from different vendors.
3. Automatic order update from received to processed when order is sent with a time stamp.
4. Send tracking information to customers email automatically when tracking numbers are entered into the system. Include some basic copy text in the email so they are aware of where it is coming from.
For the Customer:
5. Customer will be able to look up the status of their order by entering two matching variables. For example they could enter their order number and their last name and then they can view certain details of their order. Such as, has it been processed, tracking information and all their order details. They could also print a receipt from this page for their records, send us a message about their order, make an inquiry or track the shipment directly from the page.
For our Vendors:
6. I would like to have built into this system the ability for our vendors to send us and the customers the tracking information for the orders by entering it into our system. For example, the vendor will enter the order number and the customers shipping last name into a search query. It will pull the result and allow them the ability to enter up to 4 tracking numbers and also select the shipper from a drop down box. They will click the submit button and it will send an automated email with the tracking information included to both us and the customer. All the while updating the database with this information so we don’t have to.
If this looks like a project that you would like work on please bid. I can send more details and answer questions in PM if necessary. I will be making some changes to this from time to time so future work may be available if everything goes smoothly.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online