Personal Website to Showcase News Articles
This project was awarded to emswebs for $200 CAD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 CAD
I'm looking for someone to create a personal website that would showcase a collection of news articles that I have written. It would replace the current one I have that is hosted hosted through Netfirms. The site must include 3 key elements and be: SECURE, CLEAN-LOOKING, and EASILY UPDATABLE.
[url removed, login to view]:
- My current site somehow got malicious code embedded within, so while the new one is being built, could you please put up a simple page that says “Coming Soon”
- I’ve been using a few different WordPress templates for my site, though each somehow got malicious content embedded within via scripts - and my site's account got suspended. The new site must be properly secured, with security enhancements such as a captcha box and what the winning bidder recommends.
-If malicious code enters the site after you are finished with the job, and the site gets suspended once again like it is now, I would ask that you fix the issue at no cost.
-I would need the good copy of your coding and files so that if any malicious code were to get into the site in the future, I would be able to upload the original as backup until the problem is fixed.
-I have a horizontal banner image that I would like featured on the home page, which I could send you.
- The home page would feature around 10 of my top stories that I would select.
- The home page would also feature easily navigable tabs at the top that link to other article categories (such as "Personal Finance," "Education," "Health" etc.) as well as an "About Me" link to my bio.
- Each article should include a headline, a couple of sentences on what the story is about, and a small photo. (Then, once you click on the article, it would open to the original story on an external site or to a larger teaser within my site that includes a link to the original site).
-I do not want any dates on when I post an article to my site.
-I do not want anyone to be able to post any comments on any story.
-I am open to your thoughts on how exactly the site would look. (I have used themes from WordPress before that include “picturesque,” though a number of themes I have chosen later end up with malicious code embedded within so it must be a well-trusted, secure template that still looks good).
-I have liked WordPress because the content is easy for me to upload myself with quick updates. However, I'm not sure if WordPress templates are the most secure, so I'm open to your thoughts on what is best - as long as I can upload future content easily myself with knowing how to code.
-Please update the first batch of articles to the homepage (about 10 in total), plus 2 articles (that I can send you) within each category that I'd like to feature at the top of the home page in tabs. The categories include:
Investigative & Cover Stories
Please let me know your thoughts if you are interested in this project, and include links to websites you have created (including any that you think mine might look similar to if you were to win the bid).
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online